Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guess what's coming back? 1982 Subaru Brat

It's true!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58384

Ok, it's an R/C version but it's still way cool!

Tamiya is re-releasing the original Mud Blaster. :clap:

It looks as though it is a new frame and running gear on the original Brat Body

I consider this quite a complement to the Subaru enthusiasts, that Tamiya would re-engineer and re-release such an old Body style.

Time to start saving my pennys:rolleyes:

I'll buy one if they are not too much.. or just get a body and rig it on my drift car:banana:

Anyway as far as speed goes, they will probably hit about 30 tops stock... but you can mod it a little and get her going as fast as about 40 or so... Faster you go tho the more you recharge the batteries.:dead:

I didn't know Ronald Reagan drove a BRAT!:banana:

I didn't know Ronald Reagan drove a BRAT!:banana:

You know the only thing that fuel efficient he would be caught dead in would be designed to drive offroad and tear up mother nature. :treehug:

*as the hippy runs in terror from the stampede of offroaders he just angered*

:Flame::grin:

seriously, though, score one for ronnie.

The body would be great but Tamiya has a habit of keeping those things high priced. You'd also need all the plastic that comes with the body, glass, bumpers, decals, roll bar. Those things may or may not come as part of the body kit? However it comes with two bodys! One ABS and one Lexan--one for show and one that can take abuse and not show it?

I paid $49.95 for a replacement BlackFoot body back when it was in production. Most lexan bodys are $20-30. I'd bet you'd be paying half the price of the kit just for the bodys.

I still have those tires from yesteryear but, I'd bet they would run you $15-20 per axle when they start producing them again.

The Brat sold for about 129.00 years ago. They are keeping the re-release prices fairly close to the old retail prices. Pay no attention to the Tamiya web site prices!

Tower Hobby may do a group buy?

Way Cool!

• 4 weeks later...

they are popping up on e-bay.

Looks like they are about $140 or so.

Time to approach my wife with the..."honey.... you know how my birthday is right around the corner" line.

RE: Reagan driving a brat. I heard it's a 1st Gen BRAT. a friend of mine worked for the company that restored it. He couldn't get any pictures out or their shop. I will take a Road trip to Reagan's ranch and take pics and do a write up for the board.

BW