Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found an Impreza that I like...

Today I helped a friend of mine find his car that was towed recently... We found it at Lincoln Valley Auto Salvage... So we went back to his house to get the key so we could get his stuff out of the car, and he's gonna just leave the car there to die

So we came back but the guy we needed to talk to wasn't there, so we decided to wait. We also decided to go walk around the yard and see what kind of cars were out there... So we're looking and crawling over cars and trying not to die. I saw a few dead K5's, several Scout 80/800's, 2 Scout II's, and my friend started fiddling around with a Cavalier. It almost started with the key that was in the ignition, and while he was doing that I walked over and looked at a 50's International pickup. I turned around and looked over to the East of an old Volvo, and saw the unique and distinct rear end of an Impreza So I went closer hoping I was wrong and there are cars I don't know about that look like Impreza's. So I climbed over the Volvo, carefully trying not to knock over a car that was balanced on top of another, and found the rest of the Impreza. :slobber:

I got in and looked around in the glove box and found the owner's manuals and stuff, it's a 93, AWD, 5 speed, power everything, the body is PERFECT (:slobber: again) except a few missing badges and a messed up front bumper. It needs two new tires too. So I'm thinking this is the most awesome thing ever because I've been wanting to find a cheap 93ish Impreza, and I thought maybe I could get this thing towed to my house cheap and play around with stuff till it decides to run. My friend and I went back to the office and asked about it, and the guy said that once the cars go out in the yard they stay for a while so people can buy parts, then they go to the crusher. The worst part is they won't sell whole cars, only parts :madder: So there goes my cool idea of the day... Tomorrow we're going back to see the guy we needed to see today, and I'm gonna take the camera and get some pics of it... If I can't buy it I at least want pictures

:eh:

So make an offer on the engine, tranny, front clip,doors,and seats and see if they'll throw the rest in for free.

Trust me there is a way they could sell it to you. maybe a new title, maybe they've never done it before and they're ignorant of how to do it, but there MUST be a way. Even without a title, they could sell it to you with a bill of sale maybe and you could title it if you get it running. Do some research.

Who cares what kind of motor...grab everything out of the car possible....I NEED an AWD setup for my 93 Impreza! I would kill for the opportunity!

After I drop a 2.2 in mine, All I will need is an AWD!!!!!

Let me know how that comes out! I would drive out west for an AWD!!!

Josh!

HEY! If they ARE worried about a lawsuit, get a buddy to buy, say - the engine and tranny, then YOU buy the rest! They get to show 2 bills of sale, you're gonna probably go throught the engine anyway, then just pay you buddy for his stuff, fix it up, reassemble, title and "You'll have a Ride you can drive with Pride!"

Don't drop the ball....How much does that punk want for parts.....I am sorry, It's just that I have bean looking for a long time!....I just don't want it to go to no use! Make him a crazy deal, wash his car, date his daughter, whatever it takes!

Josh!