Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 2 Brat windshield gaskets available!!!

I found a local supplier who will give me a screamin' deal on the gaskets. I have already bought for myself. The price is $60 per unit. You heard right! These are brand new in the bag NOT NOS. :banana: The chrome strip is not available, HOWEVER.... the strip that Chevy uses on there '80s trucks fits perfect and can be purchased from any auto glass or autobody supply shop. Let me know who wants new gaskets and I will make a buy. I believe these also fit the coupes and wagons as well. Cash talks.:headbang:

My bad....$60 + shipping

Dain']I bought a brand new windshield + gasket from this dude here' date=' last Fall -- $200 installed on site.[/quote']

That's an excellent price!!! The price I got is barely above his cost. We don't need a minimum order. I just need to know who wants them. PM me with your info.

Anybody price these with PRP?

The gasket is still in their catalog.We just got our Gen I's at $35.94 each(plus shipping,still $50 total to your door) through a group buy.New,as in just produced this past fall.

PRP's out the door price might be just as low or lower,so you might want to check them beforehand.

Talk to Derek Churchyard at ext.226 He's the man! Tell him you're associated with "Vintage Subaru" and it'll broaden our relationship in general,which in the longrun will help us with discounts.

:headbang:

I'm all about saving a buck these days.:)

Our Gen I's were about to be discontinued too,so act fast and make use of the mold before they scrap it.That's all up to the mfg. in Thailand.Hopefully we get our (gen I) next order in soon because I was told that they'd scrap the mold if no orders came in within a few months time from our first batch.Luckily,I think I've secured our lot and the original price too which is amazing since petroleum/shipping costs have risen significantly in the last year.

So get yourselves together and make a good group buy.If there's someone out there with a good chunk of extra change they'd be VERY wise to get some extras.We all know the Gen II Brat will be glorified for another decade or two at least.

They'll want a 25 piece miminum for new production.But when you consider that they'll last on shelves for several more years and still be considered in great condition its well worth the effort.

Those that are already here you have to be skeptical of.Tough to get a good idea of when they were produced unless you know the purchaser.

I had my windshield and rubber replaced by Lindsey's here in portland for $180... great guys to work with... came out in the rain with a little tent and replaced it right on the street...

thanks for the tip about the chrome, I've been wondering where I was going to find a replacement since my old one was flaked down to the yellowed plastic...

I'm guessing it's the '80's chevy luv trucks that used the same fitting windshield trim?

--Spiffy