Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NE Pine Barrens NJ Runs UPDATED PICS!! and VIDS

hello all,

well the time is here, PINE BARRENS!!! we are planning a small run on the 24th of this month and a bigger gathering mid March.

Meet at the Red lion Diner rt 70 and 206

dates:

Feb 24th 9am at red lion dinner and leave there at 9:45 to the ranger parking lot just down the rd on 206... this can be a small run, just to test out the roads with possibly some snow...

March, date to come

any subaru, 4x4, jeeps, etc are welcome, come prepared: spare, towing rope and a shovel... i got some tools but if oyu wanna bring some its good too.

I was wondering if i should even reply to this thread cuz u know im already coming, but what the heck!....IM IN!!!:banana:

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE, C'MON EVERYONE!!!!!!! LETS GO HAVE SOME FUN WITH OUR SUBIES!!!!!!!:headbang:

i'm hiberanting untill either it hits 25 or we get snow.

Then i'll come out :)

nipper

Nick,please don't mess up that wagon before Carlisle.;) I might come down in the '78 after a breif discussion with my son tonight.Not sure about making this February run but later in March would probably work.And of course,I'm not going balls out with my '78 and I wouldn't want to see you bang your baby up either.:) Hopefully I have the turbo wagon back in action by then and then we ROCK!

nipper-any dunes permit spots on Bong Island that you know of?Used to be spots out by the Hamptons....but since they shut down Bridgehampton I haven't been out that way.

Nick,please don't mess up that wagon before Carlisle.;) I might come down in the '78 after a breif discussion with my son tonight.Not sure about making this February run but later in March would probably work.And of course,I'm not going balls out with my '78 and I wouldn't want to see you bang your baby up either.:) Hopefully I have the turbo wagon back in action by then and then we ROCK!

nipper-any dunes permit spots on Bong Island that you know of?Used to be spots out by the Hamptons....but since they shut down Bridgehampton I haven't been out that way.

There still are, but it requires a state permit, and i have no idea how to get one.

There are spots on Jones (Beach) Island, and Robert moses, and out by montauk point. I am sure there are more.

nipper

yeah im gonna take it easy, ive put quiet a bit of work into this and i dont wanna mess it up. dont worry this car will be in tip top shape for carlisle! i figure a snow run would be perfect, its easier on the cars (softer to drive on and less abrasive then the sand that gets kicked up into everything) so im waiting for a big storm to really have some fun! although a beach run out on the island would be great, i have a friend in Merrick that i could visit at the same time.

I'd like to investigate the Long Island situation.Someday I'll tell you my Bridgehampton experiences.:brow: The racetrack and then some.Was a great area,but the wealthy ruined it for folks like us.Dirt track,trails,sweet vistas,incredible variety of flora,and one of the most coolest roadcourse racetracks anywhere-surface excepted near the end.History nobody seems to care about.:confused: effin rich bastids :mad: killed a true motorsportsman's land of enchantment.

Nick,just don't forget how close those trees are.;)

To those that remember the back of Atco Dragway being a cool place to go it has changed a little.They filled in the large waterholes but we did have some fun there.And had to work a little too.

Hey Neo :) Dang, I'm STILL chipping mud out of the BRAT from your last run :( Have at it, my friend, my little one won't see the slop ever again :)

BTW, she's running great and is my official daily driver. Cute as a button... she's loved everywhere she goes... and she goes everywhere :)

hey how you doing i saw the pic its looking good, and no i never took the Brat to the barrens, i used to take it to this place where they were constructing a village, it was basically just mud... that little one made through about 1 foot of mud with no problem, i miss that car soooo much, well keep us posted and see if you comedown one day for a run in the barrens.... lodging is free here in NJ, lol

I have thought about bringing the XT6 down..but it has too many plans between Carlisle and the Dragon...I dont want to risk anything happening to it since Bucky is down for the count for awhile and until I deside to fix him or what..Plus I havent had the front push bar fabricated yet ( he is getting Hellas mounted to the bar.)

Have fun...I need to get another beater so i can come down and play...I adore my 2 guys too much to want to see anythign happen to them.

Hey Mary..I know how you feel about the attention you get with the Brats...I am getting bombarded with double takes,questions,comments, and wows with Rocky (not to mention the challenges from ricer kids)...I think I have become an XT6aholic!

hey how you doing i saw the pic its looking good, and no i never took the Brat to the barrens, i used to take it to this place where they were constructing a village, it was basically just mud... that little one made through about 1 foot of mud with no problem, i miss that car soooo much, well keep us posted and see if you comedown one day for a run in the barrens.... lodging is free here in NJ, lol

She's pretty much done... a few little things, she snagged 2 trophies last season, the '78 got 2 also :)

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck did you do???????????????

Well,it's all fun 'n games......:cool: Glad you guys at least had a good day.

Hoping to see you both in March...and hopefully with an Impreza wagon too.Spotted a decent looking one today,for sale,but in a not so great neighborhood,so we'll see about that one.

Regardless,I'm going to bring something there in March,even if it's the '78.

Cheers!