Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any Portland (PDX) area peeps heading to easy roads? tillamook? hood? gifford?

was just wondering if anybody in the portland oregon metro area was going ot be heading out to some easy off-roading tomorrow saturday 1/10...

I was out at the tillamook ohv park last weekend but my alternator died and I had to quit early... I'd like to just get out in the forest and take some nice easy trails in my stock '82 wagon...

so if somebody else was going to be in the forest maybe I'd meet up with them and take some tougher terrain that you wouldn't normally take alone...

granted, I need to get back to the city by 3pm, so I won't be out there more than a few hours, so it needs to be close...

I know there's some peeps here with lifted rigs that will climb over things I can't yet imagine... but I figure there might also be people that just enjoy the beauty of exploring the forest with only mild wheeling fun...

--Spiffy

heading up to mt hood forest now with a couple passengers to explore the woods... probably south side of hwy 26... or maybe lilo pass... give a honk and wave if you see the blue '82 "handy smurf"...

maybe I'll leave the frs radio on scan...

--Spiffy

also if your going up to lolo pass you go alittle farther up the hwy and on the right is a road called still creek road there is some nice little trails to be found around that area, took my 84 up there last year when it was still in stock form and cruised around in the snow and mud ok.

I was actually on wildcat mountain... then up on lolo pass... but there was too much snow on lolo pass for me to try it alone... last time I had to dig myself out after high-centering... (:

might go back to tillamook next weekend, or up to gifford pinchot...

--Spiffy

i won't be doing much wheelin next weekend. i have to go and work on another car. i work on saturdays so sundays are my play days or get things done day. maybe we could hook up in a couple of weeks and go up in the mountains. we headed up to squaw mtn. last sunday and hit snow around 3,300 ft. and stopped us at about 3,500- 3,600 ft.

sundays work good for me as well, since that my girl's weekend day off as well... but sometimes I can find a passenger to wander the woods with me...

right now there's too many closed gates in the Mt Hood forest... need to head to tillamook and explore that some more... just got the map a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to really check it out like I have with hood and giffort-pinchot...

--Spiffy

Hi Spiffy!

I know most of those areas very well...call me and will 'Run to the hills'.

There is some good stuff out my way in off Peavine rd. from McMinnville...

Gifford Pinchot has got some nice stuff but abit of a drive for most. I like the area around Mt.Adams .

Lolo pass has some hidden treasures for stockers later on when the snow melts..

Tillamook ORV is best when things are open ...Most of the good stuff is blocked off for winter...Make sure you have a ORV permit! It's a $175 fine and Sheriffs are on quads, bikes, 4x4's. It's like $10.50 for 2years! Any of the local stores on hwy 6 have them or GI Joes.

We could hook up with Chaz too..:headbang:

my cell 503-314-7535

yeah, I'd like to check out more of the Tillamook forest west of McMinnville...

what are your days off? I've got weekends off...

I've got the OHV permit in the back window, a little worn from car wash chemicals, but the serial # and year are still visible, and I've got the paperwork in the glove box...

looking forward to checking out more of lolo pass after the snow melt as well...

most everything is the same distance to be since I'm in the heart of PDX by Hwy 26 and I-5... quick for me to jump on a freeway and get to any of the nearby forests in about 30-45 minutes...

my cell # is 503-544-6260 (JIG-MAN-0) if anybody is heading that way and wants to let me into the pack... I'll give a call or post before I head out next time...

also, my yahoo messenger is always on at home...

--Spiffy

i might not be able to this sunday but could next sunday if everyone is willing?

if it looks like i can this sunday i will post on here.

sorry i can only do sundays because i work saturdays, greg (scoobyclimbs)i know you know this just hope its not a problem for anyone else. chaz cell 971-645-7523