Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: Moosens

Matt,Thanks for the invite.I really appreciate that.

Well,for one thing it looks like we are putting off our anticipated west coast romp this year for sure,but hoping for 2008.Just a bad past year for a lot of reasons.

I'll try to send you a PM later or soon.My little girl is sick and it's been a tricky kind of day.

Matt,Thanks for the invite.I really appreciate that.

Well,for one thing it looks like we are putting off our anticipated west coast romp this year for sure,but hoping for 2008.Just a bad past year for a lot of reasons.

I'll try to send you a PM later or soon.My little girl is sick and it's been a tricky kind of day.

Paul, sorry to hear. Anything we can do to help? Just name it.

Here is a wierd suggestion..We do this on my dirt bike club newsgroup..Every year they have 2 "rides" one in Arkansas one in Idaho.People from the board pick one member to hold it and others send a monetary donation( we call it the spodefest fund). Then those people who donate nominate candidates..someone who can't make it out there on thier own funds.Then only the people who donate vote to see who gets an all expense trip to the ride. One year we actually raised enought to bring a fellow rider up from Brazil for 3 weeks.

Just alittle suggestion that might get poeple like moosens out there.

Nah,,,,,thanks but it's just not a good year at this point.They offered a flight before,and I sure do appreciate those offers.Last year I think I got myself scratched from the list :lol: but in their defense it was a rough year for the organizers and I completely understand if I got overlooked or scratched for other reasons...like me being a dXXX or something.It was a rough year all around for bad communication,misunderstandings,and total drama.

My daughter has a little ear infection,nothing too serious,but she's kind of miserable at times.

Matt,I want to talk to you about life up there but really should just call you.Please PM a number so when I have some time I can call you.Let me know when is best to call based on your time zone and I'll adjust.Thanks.

We've about had it with this part of the country and are serious about relocating.

Matt, we tried two years in a row to offer Moosey an all expense paid trip to the WCSS.

The answer both times was: "Let me check with my wife." And that was that. ;)

Last year I didn't ask cuz it's tough to get shot down 3 times in a row. . . We had the most funds to date too. :-p

I'm no longer involved, so don't have any pull with the funds any more. I don't even plan to make the WCSS this year because of the bad taste in my mouth from last year.

(a case of crab legs is some serious temptation though my friend.)

In all seriousness, Qman has my list of 2 things I need to have happen before I'll show up at WCSS9. So it all hinges on him. (well kinda) :lol:

I'd love to come back, but I just can't make it in August. I had a blast in Shelton, met lots of great people (Zap, Mick, Ken, Shawn, Sparky, Rob, Brian, Corky, Ed, Austin, Mark, Richie,... the list goes no), ate well, bought a great car, and had a fast ride home. I wasn't at the last meet so I don't know what went down, but the good times always outweigh the bad ones. I missed Paul on my last trip to the East coast, and I'd like to see him at the next show, but I know how family priorities and work schedules go. Maybe he will have relocated by then and his attendance will be a steady thing. In any event, if I can make it, I will bring a case of crab.

....work,all depends on work htis year.Might be working in a helicopter plant,might be banging nails,might be relocating.....the coin is tossed,we'll see what the next handful of months brings.

But thanks all around for all the offers you guys have made.I keep telling the wife how cool it is to have folks I've never seen be willing to go through all that trouble and expense...and she knows,but parting from the family when we both work,both handle kids,etc...with only her mom nearby,who does not drive....etc. just a tough deal to dump on the wife full time.

Cheers!

About the same....but still open.

Let's face it,Ed threw it out there right in everyone's face.There's a special feeling about the change of seasons and seeing sunshine often.Going to be a tough search to find what nature give us here.

Sure,you give up some things for others.But to toss away the change of seasons and good amount of sunshine for a lesser school system seems unlikely.

Have to be honest here.I think we're going to focus on the east coast unless somehow we get a lengthy trip to the west coast in soon and it somehow convinces us.With changing of jobs fairly eminent for both of us its going to be difficult to get that trip in.

But,even after changing jobs and hopefully moving THIS year we'll still do our best to get out there,even if just for entertainment purposes and minimal scouting,in 2008.