Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STOLEN:red 90 loyale wgn, Portland OR

:confused:

What's with stolen cars in the NW???

Put a pic up here...

Also take out a couple local ads with a big REWARD offer...

The reward depends on the leads...:Flame:

Best Luck to you,

1989 Subau JUSTY RS 4WD

126, 711 miles

Hi all, boo hoo, my sub's been ripped off.

Location, Portland Oregon

Lic 301BKH

Red 90 wagon, 2wd, steel wheels, missing trim drivers rear panel

Good luck to the cops but if anyone sees it msg me!

Man am I bummed.

It will show up sooner or later. I'm the manager of Loss/Prevention (Security) for a major retailer here in Spokane and I've had to deal with a few vehicle thefts from our parking lot. The police say that "wanna be gang-bangers" or meth heads will usually use the cars to commit other crimes or just use for transportation until it runs out of gas...then they ditch it. Unfortunately, when it shows up, it will probably have the stereo ripped out along with a bunch of trash all over the place.

Bummer, photographs would be a huge help.

I have said it before, this "meth" problem the rest of the country seems to be having is weird.. I live in a pretty crappy friggin neighborhood, but I *really* don't see alot of meth use.. or hear about it.. I wonder why south florida is not as taken up in this wave of idiocy? I guess we get our own brands of idiocy down here.

Maybe its just cuz stuff from S. America is more readily available for the junkies, who knows.

sorry to hear of your loss.

I've always thought that no one would want my old wagon. I guess I'd better think twice about parking my 88 in a crappy neighbourhood.

It's a shame to lose your car so some tweaker can get high for 15 minutes. It's also a shame to see how bad the meth problem has gotten in the NW states. I hear that in Spokane, 80% of crime is meth related. :eek:

Good luck getting your ride back and good luck to the police in their efforts combating the meth epidemic.

I'll try to keep an eye out, but lots of red ea82s drive around...

Bummer, photographs would be a huge help.

I have said it before, this "meth" problem the rest of the country seems to be having is weird.. I live in a pretty crappy friggin neighborhood, but I *really* don't see alot of meth use.. or hear about it.. I wonder why south florida is not as taken up in this wave of idiocy? I guess we get our own brands of idiocy down here.

Maybe its just cuz stuff from S. America is more readily available for the junkies, who knows.

as far as meth in the PNW, I dont know about direct use, but I do know for a fact that it is VERY common to find pot off the streets laced with that isht among other things, but weed laced with meth seems most common in my experiance... and dont ask how I know, but I have had some very, very crappy experiances in the last 2 years which will probably affect me for the rest of my life. Quality control is yet another reason why some drugs should be legalized, whether or not people want to go off and get high - I dont anymore - but just for the safety of those who do.

yup and you'll be going to jail, but it'd be worth it cause at least your subes didn`t get stolen:rolleyes:

i`m all for a good arse wooping and a call to the police, but shooting someone is a tough thing to do with all the penalties, even if they are low life trash and deserve it.

I wouldn't REALLY shoot some low-life that was trying to steal my car... but I'd still come outside with my rifle and tell them to get the *$*#& away from my car! Now if I lived in Colorado or another state with a make my day clause, then yeah... but in Oregon they have to be in your house and threatening you with a weapon....

What is the Meanin´ of this?

My rifle is a Russian Mosin-Nagant, named after the two men who designed it. More can be found on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin-nagant

There is an article in Spanish at http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin-Nagant and one in Portuguese at http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin-Nagant (wasn't sure which one was your native language lol...)

Amazing. 3 weeks later this guy calls me up and says my car's been sitting in front of his house. It's about a half mile away. I walk over and check it out, it starts, they didn't screw up the ignition or anything. They didn't even use more than a couple gallons off that full tank!

Incredible. So I called the police and they're sending someone over to make the report. And probably give me ************ for picking it up myself.

Bummer, speaking of the meth, is that the registration and related documents seem to have been stolen. They left the insurance card with my name on it which is how the guy knew who to call. Of course I h ave the title at home.

What can ID theives do with a car reg and stuff? Hmmm.

Waiting for the cops, then off to buy a Club.

Thanks for the concern, USMB! Thanks a ton!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think thats three in a row now that HAVE ended (fairly) well.. the last one to get resolved had taken about four months, but in the end the car wasn't that much worse off for the wear..

Congratulations, I've had bicycles and stuff stolen from me alot in my life, and its such a violated feeling... TWO TIMES i have managed to get glimpses of stolen bikes of mine, once the thing was parked out in front of the store and I didn't even realize it had been stolen yet! (thanks roomate!) it must feel great to have your car BACK.

My rifle is a Russian Mosin-Nagant, named after the two men who designed it. ... There is an article in Spanish ... and one in Portuguese ... (wasn't sure which one was your native language lol...)

Thank You! ... My Native Language is Spanish.

- - - - - - -

I´m Glad that your Car is Back at Home! :)