Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My next Subaru project idea..?

Phizinza

Well since my EJ runs in the Brat I have been thinking what to put the EA81dc in.

Heres my idea.

A 400 - 500 kilo tube chassis road car, Legacy front and rear hubs, custom low sitting suspension, EA81dc (tricked out to the max, on a budget) with a EA82 5sp mixed with a Legacy center diff. It would run 14"s with low profile tires. Seating for two. And maybe, hopefully, get it registerd as a custom car for onroad driving.

Think of the styling of the car like the 1960's F1 cars, you know, bullet shaped. Only more like a half crushed bullet.

With the motor I was to make two custom manifolds and then stick some kind of webers (got any ideas what two good webers would be for en EA81dc?) on them and run two square air filters sticking out the hood.

Maybe paint it red with two GT stripes down the whole car.

So what do you think? It's only a thought so far, but in a year or two I might start work on it. I'm going to see if ?I can draw some pictures of what I see it looking like.. This is really just a chat thread for ideas right now :)

how about a really small buggy weighing about 1500lbs on some small cheap axles, 33" tires, DR trans, samurai t case, and really minimalist chassis? and leave the motor as is or put it on LPG. and put some highly narrowed ea81 sheetmetal on the front :headbang: