Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
suberdave

EJ22 for the lifted 87 wagon

tn_EJ221.jpg

its all done. i drove it to work today for the first time...

stats / new stuff:

Legacy EJ22 (compleatly resealed with new headgaskets and T-belt)

RX 3.7:1 FTAWD D/R Diff lock

3.7:1 LSD rear diff

everything works. even the power steering...

i used a Turbo Legacy exhaust manifold and uppipe mated to the exhaust housing from the GL turbo so i could mate it to my custom Turbo exhaust. and without the Y-pipe i have a little more ground clearance (one less thing to rip off)

the gearing is so much better with a little more power and the abillity to put it into low gear with out locking the center diff...

and i have to show off my new push bumper... just need to attach the skid plate to the bottom of the push bar...

tn_EJ224.jpg

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

how do you like that EJ in front of the RX setup? I've got the same in my lifted wagon but have yet to turn the key... (would you prefer 3.9 or?? or???)

the ratio is much better that the part time D/R 3.7 i had in it before the swap...

my goal is to find a good 3.9 D/R and put the FTAWD RX transfer case onto the 3.9 trans... that way i have lower final drive and lower low gear...

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

must be nice to have an ej swap that works. it's too bad you and dave couldn't get mine to work. i'll get it figured out and then i alone will stand victorious!!!!