Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok I have read through the posts on having too much oil in your engine, and all of the sudden it occured to me...

I had my oil chaned in my 01 Forester about a week ago, 4 or 5 days later when my Dad was changing my spark plugs the r/s first spark plu hole had oil in it (which I posted previously). Yesterday my parents were saying that there were oil spots on the snow on he driveway (unlikely their car they have an 07 Legacy with about 15,000kms on it). Anyway I checked my oil in my car (3 times and the a 4th by someone else) and it is way over full. Idon't know how to explain it but I will try...

The dipstick curves in two places the bottom has the "e" and the "F" marker the second curve looks the same but with no markers the level is almost the top of the second curve. I just bought this car at the end of December and had it checked out by the trck machanics where I work, no signs of leaks when I bought it. I also have been watching very carefully of leaks puttind cardboard uner the car etc. No sign of leaks unitl this last oil change. Could this over fill be the explination for the oil in the spark plug and the oil drips on the snow? I am goig to have one of the guys at work check the oil for me again today, but before I go to the place that did the oil change I want to make sure I know what to tell tell them...

Thanks again!

Minekee, I took it back to them on Friday and drained out the oil and refilled it and then let me know how much it would be to change out the seal, they say there is no way of knowing if the oil overfill caused the leak. That it would have blown all the seals if it was from over filling th oil (I doubt that but what can you do). also they can't find where the oil is leaking from the had it up o nthe hoise showing me that the complete underside of the car is "bone dry" not that I would no the difference anyway!