Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dealing with Subaru Obsession

Hello all. I decided to check this message board out since my boyfriend is ALWAYS talking about it (backwoodsboy). Well he is always talking about SUBARU all the time. I am still not sure if joining is a good thing to fuel is obsession..... I'm not sure if I am giving into the "dark forces" as he likes to call it. Not ready for that yet. But I do have a appreciation for his brat....If he will let me drive it this year or let me help with the lift kit:mad:

Well just wanted to introduce myself to the Subaru community and to say hello to everyone. Looking forward to new thread reading and meeting new people.

I could spend all day reading but I must get back to work

glad to see you joined up. i could see John is going subaru nuts when i saw him yesterday:Flame:

been there done that many times! once (if he lets you:grin: ) drive the brat, you'll be hooked too!

Yeah thanks!!! He was telling me ALL the stuff that you had.

I heard you had a Brat for sale:grin:

Well just wanted to introduce myself to the Subaru community and to say hello to everyone. Looking forward to new thread reading and meeting new people.

I'm the wife of a Subie Obsessed member of this message board, mr_whirly. We currently own 4 subarus (88 Turbo, 89 Touring, 86 RX & 84 Hatch) I too have become addicted since I started driving them. We just recently purchased the 86 RX and the 84 Hatch. I previously owned a Honda and I sold it so I could purchase the Hatch. I love the retro look of our 80's cars. I find myself spending more and more time on this board just reading. But I also have found a lot of great info on here. Sometimes its just entertaining. We are going to the Carlisle show in May. I am looking forward to meeting some of the board members and seeing the Subarus from the 70's.

We spend a lot of time working on our "fleet" and going to local U-pull-it junk yards looking for miscellaneous parts. It is something we enjoy doing together. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, walking through a junk yard and finding a new hi rise or a great set of seats that no one has discovered yet. I hate car payments & high car insurance bills so if you know how to turn a wrench it's a great hobby and can save you money. Besides they are awesome cars.

Welcome and I hope you find it as entertaining as I do!

hey backwoodsboy

its funny i also had a 93 legacy and a 86 brat!

mine was a 93 SS and the brat... well was a brat

I have a 94 SS and used to have an 81 brat

And as for Chip and Mrs.... Just be glad you aren't taking my approach to subaru.. I'm a girl raised by a subaru/toyota mechanic.. I would have much rather had someone to tell me abou thtis rather than diving into it, sink or swim.

Thanks for the welcome ladies. This website has me hooked. I actually came to work today so that I can spend the day checking out this site (nobody is here on fridays).

I noticed yesterday that I was spotting all subarus as they were driving by. Then I found myself hunting for a subaru for sale.....I guess I am becoming an addict. If I get a subaru....sorry when I get a subaru....I would like a Brat or something from the 80's era. :banana:

Thanks for the welcome ladies. This website has me hooked. I actually came to work today so that I can spend the day checking out this site (nobody is here on fridays).

I noticed yesterday that I was spotting all subarus as they were driving by. Then I found myself hunting for a subaru for sale.....I guess I am becoming an addict. If I get a subaru....sorry when I get a subaru....I would like a Brat or something from the 80's era. :banana:

My fiance refuses to drive either one of my Subarus...said he is afraid he might break them...HA! If anything breaks on them it was already broke! He is just afraid he might end up liking one of them and then have to admit it ...he drives a Toyota P-U..He wont even try out the XT6..and I purposely put it in his name so technically its HIS XT6!! :lol: :lol: Can't convert him...even tried to get him to try out the 2007 Legacy I barrowed for a weekend.He met all my warped subaru friends and likes them all..but doesnt want to join our cult.

Welcome to the board BTW

I'm the wife of a Subie Obsessed member of this message board, mr_whirly. We currently own 4 subarus (88 Turbo, 89 Touring, 86 RX & 84 Hatch) I too have become addicted since I started driving them. We just recently purchased the 86 RX and the 84 Hatch. I previously owned a Honda and I sold it so I could purchase the Hatch. I love the retro look of our 80's cars. I find myself spending more and more time on this board just reading. But I also have found a lot of great info on here. Sometimes its just entertaining. We are going to the Carlisle show in May. I am looking forward to meeting some of the board members and seeing the Subarus from the 70's.

We spend a lot of time working on our "fleet" and going to local U-pull-it junk yards looking for miscellaneous parts. It is something we enjoy doing together. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, walking through a junk yard and finding a new hi rise or a great set of seats that no one has discovered yet. I hate car payments & high car insurance bills so if you know how to turn a wrench it's a great hobby and can save you money. Besides they are awesome cars.

Welcome and I hope you find it as entertaining as I do!

Congrats on the conversion from honda to subaru. I just converted the wife last weekend. :grin:

...my boyfriend is ALWAYS talking about it (backwoodsboy). Well he is always talking about SUBARU all the time. ...

Well... Me Too... My Wife Thinks that I´m in Love with my Subies, and did Bother me About it, Playin´ Jokes About, always... but Now, She wants a New Subie for her! :eek:

maybe our wives/girlfriends/significant-others should join a support group :lol:

Well...

i don't see it as a problem, i see it as a hobbie...

Me Too...

... If I get a subaru....sorry when I get a subaru....I would like a Brat or something from the 80's era. :banana:

Well... I Suggest you a Wagon! ... I Have Two! :headbang:

Its kinda a joke here too. I just sent her the link put up earlier, about addiction. That is funny stuff. She likes to drive my loyale, but I am always pointing out the "little things" as she drives. Roll the window down a quarter inch or so before you close the door; the lights are already on; the ticking is normal; Just go- F*** 'em if they can't take a joke; Go easy on it; Go!Go!Get on it!; So on and so forth. She can't take it! Haha. I wonder if I can get that little red auto wagon back for her?

my wife says to run now or you will be sucked in.... just kiddin ....or is she?:lol:

LMAO :lol: Maybe I should take her advice, but I think its toooo late for me. I'm already search for subaru... I'm really excited about Carisle car show...I think more than my bf...:banana:

I'm ready the "How to keep your Subaru alive" and actually enjoying the book. Im driving my boyfriend crazy with all the questions I keep asking.

Yah so I think it's tooo late... I can't run now...:banana: Tell her thanks for the warning though:clap:

Wasn't there a widows board also?

Hmm seems to have expired.

How about a new section here for widows?

BW

I don't think we're dead. Our wives don't need a widows board. They need a section where they can go and talk about the whole "my husband/boyfriend soend more time with the subaru than me" type of stuff that they so lovingly endure.