Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stpr 2007

nkx

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'll be there... competing :burnout:

This is actually my first Rally-America event ever. When Rally-America took over from the SCCA I didn't maintain my license. I've been doing only NASA events since then. So I'm currently working on my licensing, but I'm hoping to run the first regional with my father co-driving, and co-drive the second regional for my father. Have to wait and here from them.

Keith

i might have to take back my previos post, due to some medical issues, im not sure what will be going on that weekend. i am still in pain from my biopsy on tuesday, but i dont know what the doctors are going to want me to do in the next few weeks.

im going to try to make it, but on top of the medical stuff, i amalso unemployed again, so money is nearly non existant for me anymore :dead:

i might be able to igure stuff out by time the race comes up. if anyone wants to donate to te get tim to the race fund, lol, ill be accepting a place to sleep and maybe a tent as my car isnt that comfy to sleep in.

im sure ill actually figure something out though.

but if i dont make it to the race, good luck keith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like it's just Co-Driving for now, but I'll still be there. Simply ran out of time to take care of everthing that would have been required for me to drive. Insurance companies suck... :dead:

what happened to you guys? i looked your car up on the rally results and it didnt show your car as either finished or dnf. :confused:

what happened to you guys? i looked your car up on the rally results and it didnt show your car as either finished or dnf. :confused:

Now, I haven't had any involvement with Rally America since it's inception, but this is a prime example of how RA doesn't really care about most of the people running their rallies. We were not entered as a national entry. We were entered as Both regional entries because you get to run the exact same stages, but save $100. Only difference is that your pionts don't count towards the national championship. So, to see the Regional level results you have to go to the following absurd locations:

1. Main R-A site.

2. "Old Site" link on the right

3. "Live Updates" link at the top

4. "Results" link at the top

5. Change "National" to "Regional"

6. Pick Stage 4 to see the results at the end of the first regional, and pick stage 9 or 10 to see the results at the end of the second.

We finished 6th overall in the first regional, and 3rd overall in the second. If we would have been entered into the national we would have been something like 17th overall.

I managed to come down with what would later be diagnosed by my doctor as Bronchitis. I had almost no voice on stages 5 & 6, and by the time 8 & 9 came around I was almost useless. It was a shame. 5, 6, & 7 are run in the daylight, and run again in the night as 8, 9, & 10. Normally we would be faster the second time through, but Don not being able to hear at least half of the calls he had to really back off. It's still much better than the past two years.

Keith