Ultimate Subaru Message Board

74 Sedan Arrived Today!

She's here! I'll post pics soon, but what a beauty.

She's only been in SD for about two hours but she's already up on the lift getting her health check. It's gonna be another fun restoration.

Anyone got leads on:

Shift knob

Rear license plate bracket

Nice slotted wheel covers

White insert vinyl for seat (the hounds-tooth pattern)

White door panels

And any other great NOS for 74's!

Peace, every one. Hope all is well out there in Subaru-land.

BT

You actually gonna keep this one Bryan? ;)

Ha! I dunno. I like the hunt and the process of rebuilding them more than anything. To me, they're like the model kits I loved to build as a kid, only... bigger. But you never know... I have a few treasures that I'll keep forever so we'll see.

Off to NYC tomorrow but when I get back I'll pick up the car and snap pics- I promise.

BT

• 2 weeks later...

That is certainly a nice 2 door sedan Bryan! Just a shame it has those US bumpers:lol: . Seriously I love the colour choice Subaru gave you guys in the US.

The tail lights look the same as my 74 coupe except there is no amber turn signals. Makes them look cool all the one colour.

I also think its so cool/bizarre that this year has space for two spare tires... One in the trunk and one under the hood. You know, just in case.

BT

From that, I take it your sedan has the spare wheel well in the boot floor instead of it being flat? From what I can work out only the GF Hardtops had the 'spare in the boot' here in Aus. I always thought it was strange Subaru had 3 different spare tyre set ups! Under the bonnet, in the boot (or is that trunk for you guys!) and under the floor for the wagons (perhaps only the early ones).