Ultimate Subaru Message Board

blast from the past

so about a month or 2 ago, i decided to paint my car. but failed miserably because of funds. yesterday i got bored, so me and a friend worked on my car till 12 yesterday morning, hit the sack and woke up at 4 pm to hit it with a final clear coat. followed up by a wetsanding and wash. heres some of the pictures i was able to snap while working it.

Photo_215.jpg

Photo_0216.jpg

Photo_0218.jpg

Photo_0217.jpg

Photo_0221.jpg

Photo_0222.jpg

Photo_0223.jpg

Photo_0225.jpg

Photo_0229.jpg

final out come:

Photo_0228.jpg

Photo_0230.jpg

hope you enjoy! :banana:

I am always impressed when people can do this kind of work in their garage at home. I never had a talent for body work.

nipper

i just had alot of will and stamina. the work is nothing if you know what your doing.

• 2 weeks later...
:mad: I can't see the pictures What the h e double toothpicks.....All I get is a little square with a X I wanna see......:banghead: :banghead:

They work fine for me. Try right clicking on the x and clicking show picture, or refreshing the page.

BTW: We can say hell here...

Did you use a base/clear paint or nason?

no i orimered it grey then i bondoed the stuff i needed to bondo and then sanded it and then painted it. did about 4 passes on the whole car and we didnt have any laquer so no laquer. but its shiny as hell since i wet sanded it. still spots that need attention

no i orimered it grey then i bondoed the stuff i needed to bondo and then sanded it and then painted it. did about 4 passes on the whole car and we didnt have any laquer so no laquer. but its shiny as hell since i wet sanded it. still spots that need attention

I meant the paint you used. Is it a type that you spray on color coats, and then clear coat(base/clear). Or No clear required(nason). If you used a base/clear and didn't clear it will fade out quickly, but you'll not notice it as much with white, but will still happen. Nason type will keep it's shine for a good long time.

They work fine for me. Try right clicking on the x and clicking show picture, or refreshing the page.

BTW: We can say hell here...

Well HELL,( hee hee, I said Hell:grin: ) this time the pictures worked just fine. Just took a little cussing to convince my computer to co-operate I guess. Nice paint job too. Sometimes the best work is done in a garage in the middle of the night....:banana:

Nice to see that there are still some people that are brave enough to repaint a car at home. I did my first [and only] full car repaint about 25 years ago in my garage. It was silver [a difficult color to spray I later found out]. I used acrylic laquer and then wet sanded and buffed it. It came out pretty nice although my bodywork on one of the quarter panels left alot to be desired. You see I stripped the car to bare metal and found prior accident damage on on side. There was literally two feet area of bondo. I was 17 and couldn't get an area that large flat again. I used to have some friends say "hey where's the surf board?" followed by, "I want to go surfing on all of those waves on your quarter panel!" :lol:

Nice to see that there are still some people that are brave enough to repaint a car at home. I did my first [and only] full car repaint about 25 years ago in my garage. It was silver [a difficult color to spray I later found out]. I used acrylic laquer and then wet sanded and buffed it. It came out pretty nice although my bodywork on one of the quarter panels left alot to be desired. You see I stripped the car to bare metal and found prior accident damage on on side. There was literally two feet area of bondo. I was 17 and couldn't get an area that large flat again. I used to have some friends say "hey where's the surf board?" followed by, "I want to go surfing on all of those waves on your quarter panel!" :lol:

Also known as a happy car! It waves at you:lol: