Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My thoughts: Don't like the Outback front end. It's not hideous (a la 06-07 Impreza or Tribeca), but I just prefer the 05-07 front end. It was perfect the way it was.

There was an 08 Legacy GT on the truck too that I got a glimpse of, but it went to another dealer. It was too high on the truck to get a good picture of. I'm okay with the Legacy front end a little more, but I still prefer the 05-07.

Anyway, here's the pics:

Front end:

0409071450.jpg

Back end:

0409071451.jpg

Next to an 07 spec.B for comparison:

0409071454.jpg

Another good site for anything Subaru:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_sitemap.html

More pics of the 08 Outback:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback2008photos.html

and specs:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback2008.html

Note on some past requested wish-lists on the interior and performance now included in the 08 model: Radio is XM/Sirius Satellite ready with auxilary port and MP3 capable. XT and LLBean Limited now move the center info (outside temp,clock,mpg,avg mpg etc) to the drivers gauge cluster and controls put on the steering wheel, telescoping steering wheel and of course the SI-Drive - XT has VDC/VDT? standard, among the few subtle changes...

I note curb weight on the XT is slightly up and power rating slightly down from previous model years (05 and 06 anyway)

I kinda like the Deep Metalic Bronze... though all are nice looking inside and out.

So, who on this board will be the first to own one?

they changed the way HP is rated late last year so the numbers will look a few HP low. After the change the STi went from 300hp to somewhere in the 290's but was the identical car.

293hp to be exact.

I read somewhere that auto makers have been required to rate the motors with all accesories, ac/ alt/ ps, spinning in order to give consumers a more accurate power figure.

Somebody let out the Fugly Subaru design team out of the basement. I thought my 02 WRX was ugly...

I'll let the scribes at Car and Driver say it for me. While it applies to the Impreza, it could also apply to the Legacy...

Holy bejeebus—what happened to its face?

The ’08 WRX will again be offered in two body styles, a sedan and a five-door. The five-door looks more like a traditional hatchback this time around, so fans of the old wagon might be disappointed. Disappointment only begins to describe our reaction to the new car’s looks, however: If the WRX was hoping to win us back with its exterior make-over, it can forget it. The styling can at best be called a derivative of a copy—check out the Sebring-meets-Saab-meets-smiling-samurai front end—and at worst a total disaster. The new sedan in particular is disappointing, with a rear end that looks like it’s in heat and a high beltline that screams cheap-rump roast econocar. Here’s hoping the new styling grows on us as quickly as the 2006 model’s Tribeca-inspired nose job did.

Here’s hoping the new styling grows on us as quickly as the 2006 model’s Tribeca-inspired nose job did.

The 06-07 styling never grew on me though. They still look like Edsels to me.

Do I think the up-and-coming Impreza is the best looking one ever? Of course not! I do agree that the sedan looks like a Corolla, and the hatch like a Mazda3. And I'm still pretty steamed about the right-side exhaust on the hatch and the framed windows.

But they don't have the Edsel nose!