Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody have RC cars to bring to WCSS9?

(Subaru body) R/C cars that is. . .

I've got a few to bring and play with. They're all dirt toys. A couple of mini 4x4 crawlers, a pair of 1/24 4x4 impreza offroaders and the 1/10th 4 wheel drive Tamiya Brat.

Maybe if we get enough of us together, we could get the organizers to offer prizes for an RC "car show". lol

I know plenty of you are sitting on those Tamiya Brats and need to get them out of the box and play with them. If ya don't have one, ebay's got the re-release. . . What's up?

hmm? hmmm?

Toys R Us are blowing those out for $11.95....with the truck bodies.

What did you get the Subaru bodies off of?

Toy's R Us is where I got the chassis. I bought the upgrade with the "compound" gears and the tires. I cut the hummers up and matched them to the imps.

The wagon is a Hasagawa, the sedan is a Revell.

• 3 weeks later...

Zap,

How does the Black one on the left go. They are $59 at ToysR. My kids have been eyeing them.

I told them that my Wild Dagger would run circles around it but cost twice as much.

It's suppose to climb 40 degrees.

Update, the little ones in the first post are now on final close out for $4.95

I picked up the other freq and spare bodies $1.95 last night.

Glenn,

Way too much RC Crap.

The black one on the left is indeed the one from Toys r Us.

I think it's pretty cool. 40 degrees? I'm not so sure about that. . . but it is much more capable than the big one. Go figure they both use a 9.6 battery, huh? :rolleyes: I miss read, I thought it would be a 19.2. Oh well.

My boy and I go for walks around a pond at a local park. There are many many tree roots to wheel over. I couldn't have designed a better course. lol The jeep is able to make the whole trip, that being -from the car, -accross teh soccer field, -around the pond (approx 1 /2 mile, dirt and tree roots), -back accross the soccer field, -and to the car. By then it's got juice but not enough to lift the rear tires over the big curbs anymore.

Fuly charged, it will blast right over tall curbs. It really sirprised me.

It was definitely worth 59 bucks. They will both break in the end. . .

The little ones you talked about are completely missing at the stores in my area. I'd stock up if I could find them for 5 bucks. That's a steal you could cash in on on eBay.

Way too much RC Crap.

Tell me about it. Another r/c helicopter wound its way into my house a couple of weeks ago. (My little brother lookin' out for Willie.)

I've got an r/c blimp I'm dying to use too. I scored a little r/c submarine, but gave it to my bro's kid. That was a toy I woulda killed for as a kid. Too cool.

Not a thread hijack!

Bring these things to WCSS9.

Now on to business. I made a blimp out of a "hover disk" and one of those "micro sizer" r/c cars. I use weights to keep it neutral and as the helium leaks out, I just remove weights. It will last over a week on a charge of helium.

• 2 weeks later...
so is their going to be a R/C event at the show??

You'd have to talk to the show organizers. I'm abstaining from any of that. The only time I tried to organize an R/C event, only two of us brought R/C cars. Then some jackass on Nasioc had the balls to complain about how disapointed he was that there was no R/C event and that his only reason for attending was the R/C event. See where I'm going with this? I'm not gonna be the target of the complaints after this year's show. Cuz there will be some complaining, some whiners are never satisfied. ;)

There's lots of cool terrain to play with them there.

You'd have to talk to the show organizers. I'm abstaining from any of that. The only time I tried to organize an R/C event, only two of us brought R/C cars. Then some jackass on Nasioc had the balls to complain about how disapointed he was that there was no R/C event and that his only reason for attending was the R/C event. See where I'm going with this? I'm not gonna be the target of the complaints after this year's show. Cuz there will be some complaining, some whiners are never satisfied. ;)

There's lots of cool terrain to play with them there.

OK I will bring my fullsize Non R/C car and play in the Mud:banana: :banana: