Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado BBQ - May 20th, Rampart @ 11am

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. I used to love to drive the Rampart Range Road! I'd go down 25 to the Springs, head up the pass to Woodland Park, go in the back way, and head back to Denver. Made for a nice day (or night).

That was in a Pontiac LJ6 or a Toyota Tercel back then. Now I guess it would be the Legacy Turbo Touring Wagon. Wouldn't trust the SVX on that road (Glances meaningfully at Jeffast :rolleyes: )

Can't anyway. Got grandson's graduation to get ready for weekend of the 19-20th. AND, have to try and get over whatever crud I've got.

Have fun and think of me guys!

Emily

Dang. I used to love to drive the Rampart Range Road! I'd go down 25 to the Springs, head up the pass to Woodland Park, go in the back way, and head back to Denver. Made for a nice day (or night).

That was in a Pontiac LJ6 or a Toyota Tercel back then. Now I guess it would be the Legacy Turbo Touring Wagon. Wouldn't trust the SVX on that road (Glances meaningfully at Jeffast :rolleyes: )

Can't anyway. Got grandson's graduation to get ready for weekend of the 19-20th. AND, have to try and get over whatever crud I've got.

Have fun and think of me guys!

Emily

hrrm might bring the death wedge to this one, thanks for the advice

so i'm not the only one with a runny nose at the moment spring colds suck!

I may ditch this one.. thats kinda too far and I'm really lazy and bored of taking the SW to all these meets.:dead:

I'm not gonna make it either. My car doesn't like bumpy roads too much. Rides really stiff. That and I'll be packing a trailer so I can get out of Wyoming...

Yeah. Gives me time to get a subaru running too (the '82 runs, but has no license plates, the '89 is having trouble with the front right DOJ right now and I don't want to drive it that far or it might be rear wheel drive by the time I get back). Otherwise, I'll have to bring the green monster (volkswagon rabbit). If you guys are saying that this trail isn't real offroading, I just might :-p

ALSO -- I think the switzerland trail is cleared of the giant drifts now. Checked out about 5 miles of it the other day and didn't find any snow. I've got one of my 4x4 trucks running again now, so I'll check out the north end of it, where the biggest drifts (and the part for lifted subies only) are. But, if some of the north of denver folks want to come up to my area to play, we could do that. Actually, after what I did in my stock '82 wagon last weekend, I'm tempted to try the jeep cutoff at the end of this trail. With a few spare tires on hand that is.