Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help...

I do not have all of the details but apparently My uncle's brand new subaru outback (less than 700kms) just died... He had the cruise control set and all the sudden it started to accelorate then started going quite slow the check engine and service engine light came on then all the lights lit up on the dash and it just completely shut down. They had to have it towed to the subaru dealer and apparently from the time it ws there the dealer could not figure out what was wrong and it was running fine. The dealer put the key in the ignition and it satarted up fine and ran fine, he gave it back and said it must have been a computer malfunction and it shoudn't happen again

Didn't the dealer check to see if there was a code left when the check engine light came on? If not you might have him get that checked.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help...

I do not have all of the details but apparently My uncle's brand new subaru outback (less than 700kms) just died... He had the cruise control set and all the sudden it started to accelorate then started going quite slow the check engine and service engine light came on then all the lights lit up on the dash and it just completely shut down. They had to have it towed to the subaru dealer and apparently from the time it ws there the dealer could not figure out what was wrong and it was running fine. The dealer put the key in the ignition and it satarted up fine and ran fine, he gave it back and said it must have been a computer malfunction and it shoudn't happen again