Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yeat another heater/ac control question

But not resistor.

1989 RX, so the EA82 push button controls. Car has been sitting about 10 months, and I just swapped the motor.

The blower works on all positions. But pushing the heater button, the heat comes from the dash, not the floorboard. Same with defroster.

Any ideas?

Blaster (as in PB?)

the dash control is vacuum operated.

behind the pass side strut tower is a white cannister.

This is the vacuum reserivour, check to make sure you connected the vacuum source to it, small dia. rubber line to the intake manifold.

Hope this helps

just be glad its not the same problem i have.. you push my ac button to max and the fan comes on high, nomatter what its set at..

i'm gonna have fun figurein that one out..

your prob does sound like a vacuum issue, might check under the dash and make sure that vacuum line is hooked up under there..

No pic yet, but I think I have a vac problem - when I disconnect the hose from the vac reservoir, I don't get any flow.

Here is how the hoses are hooked up.

From the nipple on the intake manifold, a hose connects to the bottom of the turbo control solenoid (I think that is what it is). The vac reservoir line tees into a line, and that line tees into the intake snorkel at the turbo inlet.

This appears to be the way it was hooked up before, but the Hayne's manual doesn't show the vac lines.

Blaster the line should not "T" into the MAF to turbo pipe. This is where the vacuum is being bled off.

Try simply plugging the line going to the MAF pipe. See that does it.

I have an 89 EA82T if you want, email me I'll shoot some picts of that area.

Note: There are several lines that connect to the MAF pipe, these are "breathers" for other devises, the waste gate duty solenoid you mention, being one of them.