Ultimate Subaru Message Board

quick pug question

Ok my 80' Brat project is almost done. Right now I have stock wagons and reg steel rims on the Brat. I have a set of 15" pugs I would like to place on the truck. I heard except for the special acorn lugnuts it was a straight swap. I mean they should just fit on right?

Also other than cutting the front fenders for the bigger tire size, Is there anything I need to do to the back. Because the 13"'s on it now look like they are close to rubbing?

Ok my 80' Brat project is almost done. Right now I have stock wagons and reg steel rims on the Brat. I have a set of 15" pugs I would like to place on the truck. I heard except for the special acorn lugnuts it was a straight swap. I mean they should just fit on right?

Also other than cutting the front fenders for the bigger tire size, Is there anything I need to do to the back. Because the 13"'s on it now look like they are close to rubbing?

I am not sure about the 15s but I just put 14"x6" PUG wheels on my 80 BRAT and it worked great, the offset is just perfect.

I was afraid of the 15" PUGs...

Tell us how it goes.

-Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update I pulled one of my 15"s off the side of my fence and jacked the car up to see if it fit. Yep sure enough. I did notice the tire did rub some but I could not tell if it was because the tire on the wheel was rotten and cracked and bulging in certain spots. But it does look like it works.

Now it looks like I have the Pug Lugs for 3 of the 4 wheels, I know that you can buy them on line somewhere, Does anyone know a place?

Ok update I pulled one of my 15"s off the side of my fence and jacked the car up to see if it fit. Yep sure enough. I did notice the tire did rub some but I could not tell if it was because the tire on the wheel was rotten and cracked and bulging in certain spots. But it does look like it works.

Now it looks like I have the Pug Lugs for 3 of the 4 wheels, I know that you can buy them on line somewhere, Does anyone know a place?

Isn't there a washer that allows you to use your Subaru nuts?Check around.Jon from NY said there's a post here,and I do remember seeing it but not reading it.