Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Open Source EJ Lift, let's get going

Andyjo

So basically a piece that you bolt the strut to and then bolt the piece to the hub? Extending it?

That sounds ridiculously simple.

for kicks you may be able to mount the bottom strut bolt in the top bolt hole...extending it 2 inches maybe? then get some fat steel to bolt the two holes together, keeping them rigid. be neat to try out for giggles anyway. works on an XT6, not sure about EJ stuff.

for kicks you may be able to mount the bottom strut bolt in the top bolt hole...extending it 2 inches maybe? then get some fat steel to bolt the two holes together, keeping them rigid. be neat to try out for giggles anyway. works on an XT6, not sure about EJ stuff.

That's what i was thinking gary ;)

So, i pulled the ol' impreza out of the barn today... battery needs some charging.. and i still have that transmission problem..... :rolleyes: (yeah it didn't just go away like i planned....)

i'll get it up on stands sometime this week, and start measuring things ;)

i was told that the impreza had a lot of different components compared to the outback/legacy. I was told this by the guys from allied armarment. The steering linkage and rear strut tops being the two easiest to spot i believe.

I'd still love to lift my imp with outback struts more(who has sat in the driveway since last summer :().

Btw, i am posting this on my open source box(xubuntu).

• 1 month later...

X-member and strut top blocks should be minimal worry, I'm more concerned with the steering rack rag joint extension and the pitch stopper.

The pitch stopper should be fairly easy.

For the rear I was just going to go with WRX or SG Forester lateral links and axles, and extend my trailing arms an inch or so.

BTW I stuffed 28's on mine by using SG Forester struts.

Ive been running Forester coils on Legacy struts for a few years, gained about 3-4 inches, i was topping out my rear struts recently, so i picked up some Forester GR2's to hopefully fix that issue. But im wondering if i even have enough weight with my coupe to even get into the suspension, or if im just gonna top out like mad...:-\ times will tell.

Is it as easy as running WRX lateral's to fix the camber? im running bolts right now but its still a little positive. How were you planning on extending your trailing arms? My Castor is unbelieveable

I had 26.5" snowtires with the leg/for combo on my 97 Coupe