Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale turn signal relocation

I made the Little yellow light into a blinker in addition to the bumper mount. It takes it away as a running light, but the clear/front marker is still there and on with the headlights.

What I did was simply snip the hot wire of the side marker. You have to cut back some of the black plastic covering the wires to get above the split for the 2 bulbs. I then just tapped a wire into the turn signal harness at the bumper and ran it up to the hot wire for the yellow light. No need to mess with the ground.

Now both the bumper light and the corner light blink. Not very visible in day but at night it is great. I have much more faith that people can actually see my signal from the side.

When I saw what a good fit the KC Hiliters were

when placed into the TS openings

and feeling the same way Gloyale feels about

side visability.

I rewired mine to the

white parking lights beside the head lamps

and left the yellow as the parking light.

I removed the head lamp assm. and ran the wires directly to the side lamps. Cut / solder splices.

I then got higher wattage bulbs at Advanced Auto Parts.

This corrected the "blink rate".

withpugs4.JPG

Thanks guys. Your car kinda prompted this, Skip (saw the frontend shot in the "Offroad Lights" thread. I picked up a brand new Hella 530 fog light set from the pawn shop yesterday for $25! They fit in the factory turn signal spot VERY well, so I think I'm gonna do a re-locate.

Hmmm . . . Bi-Xenon headlights, LightForce 140's, and Hella 530's. That oughtta cover my lighting needs. For the front.

yep, I wired mine into the parking lights too. but because I was using a bumper that no longer had turn signals.

I just cut the harness to the parking lights in half so the orange side-view lights were still just parking lights. and then ran the wires for the turn signals up to the white front-view lights.

the bulbs there are lower wattage, so they're not quite as bright, and the signal will blink pretty fast, but it's still visible.

yep, I wired mine into the parking lights too. but because I was using a bumper that no longer had turn signals.

I just cut the harness to the parking lights in half so the orange side-view lights were still just parking lights. and then ran the wires for the turn signals up to the white front-view lights.

the bulbs there are lower wattage, so they're not quite as bright, and the signal will blink pretty fast, but it's still visible.

What about using a higher wattage bulb? how about an amber one on top of that?

I smashed my turn signal lights when I was pretending I was Petter Solberg.So I cut/spliced both wires from the turn signals into the marker lights.I still have to wire up the parking lights though...As far as blinking goes they are the same speed as stock.

I smashed my turn signal lights when I was pretending I was Petter Solberg.So I cut/spliced both wires from the turn signals into the marker lights.I still have to wire up the parking lights though...As far as blinking goes they are the same speed as stock.

you must be using both lights, not just one on each side.

Gloyale, I'm sure you could throw a different bulb in there....I just never bothered :-p

The law here is that you're frnt turn signals have to be amber. So if I used the front portion of the side markers, I'd have to put an amber bulb in it. I didn't bother running both wires either, just the 12v cause the ground wires are all tied toghether in the harness anyway.

Dinosaur lights.... (what one of my friends named them)

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=gti-grill.jpg

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Blue87.jpg

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Twoblue.jpg

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Green89.jpg

the two turn signals on top of the hood. All of my cars have acquired them. The initial reason was that on the subaru's the turn signals are under the bumper and get coated with mud and snow and dissappear. Now, I just like the styling, so I stick them on everything I own :rolleyes: . They are running lights, something like $3 each at checker auto, and I put in the highest wattage bulb that fits the socket -- still nowhere near as bright as the stock turn signals, but bright enough to keep from getting pulled over when the other ones are invisible (I guess), and wire it to the same wire as the lower turn signal light.

I can see why the name. But.....uuhhh.... no. not for my car.

however, ***** five stars for blizzard safety:headbang:

+1, and +1 on the idea.. maybe mount htem magnetically, and make it so they can be unplugged.. then just stick them in the back of the car and set them up as needed.

Down here in South Florida, "blizzard safety" is far from on my mind, but we get rainstorms in the summer that are like the whole of the everglades dumping down upon our heads. The more signalling, the merrier if you ask me... but as for normal, sunny day driving.. I think I too will pass.

Down here in South Florida, "blizzard safety" is far from on my mind, but we get rainstorms in the summer that are like the whole of the everglades dumping down upon our heads.

Yeah, I've been in those storms down in Coca Beach -- when the road is 3" deep in water, just because it can't run off any faster. And after the storm, it's still 95 degrees, but the humidity has changed from 80% to 100%. :eek:

Impressive, but I'll take my blizzards :-p