Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring schematic for 88 RX?

Looking for wiring schematics for my '88 RX, if anyone has them. At the moment I'm in need of in particular the wiring for the power windows/locks; if I can't find a new drivers side switch any time soon, I plan to just hot wire it in order to crack the windows while toying around in her....because Sweet Sister Summer has decided to pay us a visit here along the Front Range, and @ 80 deg F the interior gets a tad OMFGImBoilingInMyOwnSkin! hot. :Flame:

Do you have power going to the switch assembly? Does the passenger window work? I had windows not work because of corrosion at the junction were all the 12v leads are crimped to the main wire. That junction is under the passenger floor area carpet. The power window unit, relay and breaker are under the pass seat. That is the key to tracking power supply problems with he PW. There should be a white wire at the relay with 12v always. Have you checked Fusible Link 3 under hood? It supplies the main voltage for the windows via the relay when ignition is *on*.

I can scan the specific diagrahm on monday if you still really need.

No, I believe the issue was just the switch for the drivers window, in the assembly; the passenger side worked just fine from the drivers switch assembly, until I turned it into a fistful of pieces. My drivers window switch felt like it wasn't 'clicking' properly, leading me to think it just needed taken apart and re-assembled but now I have no way to tell. Luckily the windows were both up when the switch exploded on me.

As far as schematics I have none at all right now other than the PDF for the EA82T. Which Chilton's manual covers the RX? Ive found one in a used book store that covers Subes up to I think 1992 but doesn't mention the RX. It covers the Brat, XT's, Loyale, Legacy, etc.

No, I believe the issue was just the switch for the drivers window, in the assembly; the passenger side worked just fine from the drivers switch assembly, until I turned it into a fistful of pieces. My drivers window switch felt like it wasn't 'clicking' properly, leading me to think it just needed taken apart and re-assembled but now I have no way to tell. Luckily the windows were both up when the switch exploded on me.

As far as schematics I have none at all right now other than the PDF for the EA82T. Which Chilton's manual covers the RX? Ive found one in a used book store that covers Subes up to I think 1992 but doesn't mention the RX. It covers the Brat, XT's, Loyale, Legacy, etc.

The RX is basically a turbo GL 3 door coupe. So as far as what manual to use, you're looking for one that covers DL/GL/Loyales. The Chiltons manual is terrible. It has a jumble of differnet general info for Legacies, Impreza's, SVX's, Justys and Loyales. The Haynes manuals are a little better as they cover just the DL/GL series from 80-89. Although this includes the EA81 Brats and Hatchbacks. It's not bad to have on or both of these manuals, but don't rely on them as definitive info for you're car. You really need a Factory Service Manual. I have one for 88 so if you have specific questions I can try to pass on the info. I may even be able to scan some stuff.