Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what are some things to look for in a 03 wrx? for one thing that bugged me is the drivers seat back is flat as a board. :confused:

i need some lower back support.

71k miles on it. it really needs some steering rack bushings and bigger front brakes.

big pics hopefully someone can resize them and post them :banana:

http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/04.07/IMG_0762.JPG

http://gallery.upshizzle.com/albums/04.07/IMG_0763.JPG

Just be sure it was adult-driven and hasn't had the ever-living ************ beat out of it. How does the clutch and transmission feel? Any signs of anything ever being bolted onto it (new exhaust gaskets, intake looks like it was fiddled with, etc.)? Service records?

Nice "Bugeye"l WRX Wagon.

Manual or automatic?

If it's a manual, play dumb and ask the owner what mods you can do to make it go faster. Have the owner drive you around to show you what the car can do and watch if he downshifts into first while he's still moving at speed. That is a no-no and a widely reported source of WRX transmission problems.

Check out the clutch and keep your nose tuned in to any burning smells.

If it's an automatic, realize that it really slooooows down the WRX and requires to you use "brake starts" to get going. I'd personally stay away from automatic WRX's.

Check the digital clock display on the dash and looks for signs that it's been pried out before (gauge pack add-ons or boost controller mountings = engine mods = beat upon Subie). There might be some warping and screwdriver marks in the plastic.

Good luck!

P.S. Great prior advice on the owner's age and underhood/chassis signs.

Just be sure it was adult-driven and hasn't had the ever-living ************ beat out of it. How does the clutch and transmission feel? Any signs of anything ever being bolted onto it (new exhaust gaskets, intake looks like it was fiddled with, etc.)? Service records?

transmission beats the living crap out of my car, and io rev match mine! :banana:

clutch is about the same!

has service records. its totally stock.

i can get it for 12k

Nice "Bugeye"l WRX Wagon.

Manual or automatic?

If it's a manual, play dumb and ask the owner what mods you can do to make it go faster. Have the owner drive you around to show you what the car can do and watch if he downshifts into first while he's still moving at speed. That is a no-no and a widely reported source of WRX transmission problems.

Check out the clutch and keep your nose tuned in to any burning smells.

If it's an automatic, realize that it really slooooows down the WRX and requires to you use "brake starts" to get going. I'd personally stay away from automatic WRX's.

Check the digital clock display on the dash and looks for signs that it's been pried out before (gauge pack add-ons or boost controller mountings = engine mods = beat upon Subie). There might be some warping and screwdriver marks in the plastic.

Good luck!

P.S. Great prior advice on the owner's age and underhood/chassis signs.

i didnt have him drive it, clock is undisturbed. he used it to carry his kids around, come on its a station wagon. :eek:

interior is 10/10 my only concern is the seats hurt my back-flat as a board! i need my lumbar