Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Murals on Subies?

I'm at lunch today, enjoying the Taco Bell $1.98 combo and I see a clean 1984? White Hatch (quad headlights and honeycomb grill) and it's got a mural painted on the door?

I couldn't believe it. WHY would anyone paint a Beach Scene on a pristine Subie? I don't get it! What a waste. Didn't we get past that in the 70's? with the Vans?:moon:

I'll shut-up before I offend someone. :argue: I just had to vent.

Glenn

82 Hatch, FACTORY PIN STRIPES ONLY!

01 Forester, WHITE PAINT ONLY!

Hehe - you think *yours* was mint when you started..... Hehehehe.

You remember mine don't you Junkie? Velour interrior, power everything, digi-dash, straight body..... now it doesn't have carpet, and the doors close a little funny cause of all the wheel well beating...... it's just a wagon - who cares. I can always get another.

I'm gonna beat my wagon down till it can't drive off the trail one day, and isn't worth fixing. At which point it will be dragged out and parted. (evil laugh here). I'll put all it's good parts into a hatch - rinse, repeat.

GD

Personally,I'm hoping to put one on my white wagon someday.I want to take off the side molding/trim pieces and paint the Peanuts kids with their heads back like when they go to sing and a big word bubble emitted from their mouths saying:

CURE CANCER!!!!!!

And on the other side of the car,Joey Ramone in his stage stance with the mic stand kicked out singing the same.

Charles Schulz and Joey Ramone.Just two of the many great and influential people this planet has lost to cancer.

i had the sublimejoint logo painted on the inside of the "chicken coop" homemade plywood camper on a custom Mazda B2000. I want it on the outside of my soob but i don't want the attention from law enforcement. Right now on the soob i have "Runs Great" on the hood from the dealer's paint marker. I'm never gonna take it off. This way people see how ugly it is but it's justified because it runs good.:banana:

paint them soobies!! i figure if it's too ugly/beat up to paint, mural it and cover it with a clear coat. It adds good looks just like a paint job, but it is way cheaper and more personal.

Everybody's got something different in mind when they picture their dream car...

Down at work, everybody thinks I'm crazy 'cause I want to take this road lice (their term, not mine. :madder: ), lift it, and put 27" tires, brushguard, skid plates, and a CB in it.

I just blame it on the redneck in me :D.

Maybe the mural owner's got a bit of hippy in 'em. Ain't nothing wrong with that...