Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yeah my light comes on at about 1/3 tank then it goes off a minute later and comes back on at random times from there to E. By the time it's on or past E the light never comes on though.

And someone on here told me to just trust that stupid light because it always comes on at a certain amount of fuel left...

I would have run out of gas waiting for that light to come on.

I got NGK's i think it says g-platnium on the front? The car drives SOOOOOOOOO smooth, before i had to always do like 1/2 throttle to get it moving, now i just tap the throttle and the car flies!!! NO hesistation at all! Perfect :)

Oh, today the needle moved like .5mm and i did 62km, so i don't know when i do a full tank its above the full tank line. Imagine if i get 500KM a tank:slobber: CITY KM

I got NGK's i think it says g-platnium on the front? The car drives SOOOOOOOOO smooth, before i had to always do like 1/2 throttle to get it moving, now i just tap the throttle and the car flies!!! NO hesistation at all! Perfect :)

Oh, today the needle moved like .5mm and i did 62km, so i don't know when i do a full tank its above the full tank line. Imagine if i get 500KM a tank:slobber: CITY KM

That's under 20mpg...I can get that when I drive my car like I stole it.

That's under 20mpg...I can get that when I drive my car like I stole it.

you mean you get more then 310miles per tank? Not like i floor it either, just normal.

I want to remove the o2 sensor and spray it with the o2 cleaner i bought, but im not to sure how im going to get at it, i think its rusted to the pipe :-\ I sprayed some PB blaster all over it, still very difficult to get in that area though.

The light can be as reliable as beg ben, the gauge is not. The light is a seperate electronic doohicky. the reason why it comes ona and goes off is that the fuel level is constantly moving. When the sensor is uncovered the light comes on. Once the fuel drops down to 2 gallons (ish) left in the tank it comes on and stays on.

Every car with a light operates the same way.

nipper

you mean you get more then 310miles per tank? Not like i floor it either, just normal.

I want to remove the o2 sensor and spray it with the o2 cleaner i bought, but im not to sure how im going to get at it, i think its rusted to the pipe :-\ I sprayed some PB blaster all over it, still very difficult to get in that area though.

310 miles per tank is easy. On the highway, I can get above 400miles per tank (25mpg). Going to Philly and back, I got 27mpg. Putting around with occasional spirited driving I get 20-22.

O2 cleaner? Was that next to the blinker fluid?

There is no such thing, and if there is, its snake oil. If the o2 sensor has more then 100,000 miles on it, and your going to go through all the heartache of removing it (it s easy, but alot of force is required due to rust), then just replace it. i googled o2 sensor cleaner and nothing came up.

nipper

O2 cleaner? Was that next to the blinker fluid?

There is no such thing, and if there is, its snake oil. If the o2 sensor has more then 100,000 miles on it, and your going to go through all the heartache of removing it (it s easy, but alot of force is required due to rust), then just replace it. i googled o2 sensor cleaner and nothing came up.

nipper

i mean throttle body cleaner, then below it says, cleans o2,IAC,etc. Has under 20,000miles, but im not to sure if its OEM or what. But $80 is kind of expensive, and the CAT was replaced with the o2.

Then go ahead and use it. Some of the cleaners can harm the o2 sensor, but this one shouldnt. You dont spray anything on the o2 sensor ever (don't drop them either).

nipper

well. then in that case, ill leave it, unless next fill up my fuel mileage is awful.

my gas final turned on, the guage would be way below E and not ture on, this time a run low as possible and it turned on.

this is common as the gas gauges are horrible on these cars. Go use some techron gas additive, it cleans the fuel sensor. I use it once every 4 months.

nipper

My main gas gauge in older cars is my trip meter, which I always reset at fillup. A good way to keep an eye on fuel consumption, too. Since I ran out of gas in a light plane once, I almost never go below a quarter tank even in my car. I've heard also that sucking the dregs off a dry tank doesn't do fuel systems any good either!

My loyale wagon starts sucking air around 13 gallons down. The Gauge pegs on empty, and I kept driving it, and the light never came on even with the engine sputtering. The light is just another electrical circuit that can fail just as easily as anything else.

My loyale wagon starts sucking air around 13 gallons down. The Gauge pegs on empty, and I kept driving it, and the light never came on even with the engine sputtering. The light is just another electrical circuit that can fail just as easily as anything else.
But the Loyale electronics are rather different from the Legacy electronics. The Legacy Low Fuel lights are not known the fail, but the gauges are.

But the Loyale electronics are rather different from the Legacy electronics. The Legacy Low Fuel lights are not known the fail, but the gauges are.

I think they both use the same type of sensor. Its a fairly standard part.

Dump a can of techron in the car and see if that helps with the fuel gauge. The gauges get old and contiminted with sulfur. It only takes one bad tank of poor gas to ruin the gauge.

nipper