Ultimate Subaru Message Board

corner light

Guest 99OBSter

Ok, my front corner light bulb just went out. Popped the hood and thought it would be easy to replace, but it looks like one bog assembly. IE: no opening. Do I need to take out the entire assembly to replace the bulb? And if so, does it come out with just the two screws I can see on top?

Thanks

Guest EOppegaard

I know on my 93 wagon I can just turn the bulb, and out the lamp pops for replacement. It should tell you how to replace the bulb in your owners manual. I doubt you need to remove the entire assembly.

Guest rcoaster

Judging from your screenname, I'm to assume that you have a 1999 Outback. The headlamp and the corner light assembly is two separate pieces. There's a screw on the top of the frame right on top of the corner light assembly. Remove this screw, and then pull the assembly out towards the front of the car. Remove the bulb by twisting the bulb holder and pulling it out of the assembly. When installing, make sure the "bayonet" on the rear of the housing engages with it's grommet, and the tang on the inner side of the housing engages with the slot on the headlight housing. Replace the screw and tighten it down.

The above instruction was taken from the Haynes Manual, which only covered up to 1998, but the 1999 model is the same.

Please note that the 1995-1996 models has a single peice housing, which means that the headlight and corner lights are all one piece.

-RC!