Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight Conversion Finished W/ Pics

I can't seem to find the thread that was the original insperation for this project, but none the less I am finished with the headlights! :banana:

Got these suckers off ebay last summer and just last week finished the wiring to get them to behave like the stock units. No cutting or splicing was needed but I did have to push the spade connectors out of their housings to mount on the new bulbs. The high beams had some chrome overspray on the outside of the housings that would ground the lamps that had to be delt with but other than that I am very happy with the results! I haven't done much night driving yet but besides having the blue bulbs that came with the lamps, the beam pattern is sharper and more focused.

IMG_42501.jpg

IMG_38931.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

have you treated the bumpers with something or are they naturally that good looking? (insert narcissistic joke here if you want :P )

I use the tire blackener spray. It says for any plastic or rubber parts and it really blackens up my bumpers on my suby.

It can be a problem but there are many reasons I chose to mount the lights so low. The first is that the lights cut through fog and don't reflect back to your eyes the lower they are mounted. Also, since this is a turbo car I plan on modding, I wanted to keep the airflow to the radiator clear since there is already an oil cooler and A/C condensor in front of it, I chose not to mount them to the top of the bumper. Plus I think they look better down there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...