Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1963 fuji heavy industrys rabbit scooter

hey all. i just brought an 1963 fuji heavy industrys rabbit scooter. now im just looking for info on them. and also just wondering if any 1 has restored 1?

havnt got it yet but when i do i will post pics of it. also are there any parts avaible any where?

thanxs :burnout:

Wow! Just did a google search. Certainly a nice little piece of history you will have (or will have) kiwi subbie! And something completely different to the usual Vespa. I wonder if it is true that that the wheels used on the scooter were left overs from the Nakajima aircraft?

Sounds like a fun project.What size engine does it have?50cc or greater?

yea its an 50cc very complete too.

Wow! Just did a google search. Certainly a nice little piece of history you will have (or will have) kiwi subbie! And something completely different to the usual Vespa. I wonder if it is true that that the wheels used on the scooter were left overs from the Nakajima aircraft?

yea by the look of it the real early 1s would have the tail wheel

• 2 months later...

There WAS a great BBS at fujirabbit.com, but the owner lost interest. I recently started a new BBS at http://www.runboard.com/bfujirabbit, but traffic is still slow.

I know more than a dozen Rabbit owners, but I don't think I know anyone with a 102. There is a guy in Australia named Tim Elsom who's knowledgeable and nice, but I don't know if he has any experience with the 102 or not. Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it to him, or else just go to that BBS...

Some parts are available from Kouji Yamada, who runs a parts shop called "Rabbit House" in Japan.

There WAS a great BBS at fujirabbit.com, but the owner lost interest. I recently started a new BBS at http://www.runboard.com/bfujirabbit, but traffic is still slow.

I know more than a dozen Rabbit owners, but I don't think I know anyone with a 102. There is a guy in Australia named Tim Elsom who's knowledgeable and nice, but I don't know if he has any experience with the 102 or not. Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it to him, or else just go to that BBS...

Some parts are available from Kouji Yamada, who runs a parts shop called "Rabbit House" in Japan.

thanxs 4 that. i will pm ya

• 1 year later...

Yay found my old Thread on this. tryed serching for it ages ago.

I havnt done any more to it since I got it. I Re Registed it. I took some off the body shell. .

I still yet to start it. The kick start is broken and I do not have an motor bike battery.

Hopefully i will have some more space soon . As my Brumby is up for sale and ive been clearing up my wee workshop shed.

Then i be able to try and fix it up.

Ive made an wee short vid of it.

Edited by kiwi subbie