Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which car do I take to WCSS9

I live way down here in central coast cali... so I cant exactly bring my whole armada of subarus.. I need some input on which I should drive up there?

100_0780.JPG

82 GLF... not very pretty on the inside.. but gots all the "power features" Probably my most comfortable to drive, though not terribly exciting. (2wd auto) Has a couple of quirks I should probably work out.

100_0620.jpg

77 1600 4wd. Shes old and I need to put her powertrain back together, but I suspect these are getting to be a rarity up at the subaru shows. Putting her back together wont take very long cause I have "all the stuff"

100_0779.JPG

84 turbo brat 4/4 inch SJR lift. 26" pirelli's This one is my baby.. handles like a dream, faster than anything else I own, HOWEVER. Eats a little bit of oil because of the turbo, has a small coolant leak AT the turbo, and gets HORRID gas milage... like 16 mpg running premium or something.. I dont know if I can afford to drive this one up there and back. LOL

Reply what you think should make the trip, and what you want to see at the show.

-Mike

LOL, sorry guys, the UNIMOG isnt mine, and actually I dont live at that house anymore. Though it would be a long and slow trip, the one benefit to driving the mog is that I wouldent have to take the freeway, infact I wouldent have to take roads even.. I could just shoot for a straight line on the map and drive over anything in my way.

-Mike

(gee, I just noticed the typo in the subject field... oh well)

Having the same dielema here with a Vanaroo or an 83 Wagon.

Lets both be thankful that we have options. Seems kindof rude to even mention we are having trouble deciding.

The 83 I DONT want to get muddy and thrash, and I don't want the temptation or pressure to either.

Better fuel econ on the one but not by much and the lesser of 2 gas mileages would give me a place to crash along the way and at the show...without being on the ground.

Lets both be thankful that we have options. Seems kind of rude to even mention we are having trouble deciding.

I have no problem at all with that. Or at least I hope the driver I got doesnt bail on me:rolleyes:

Btw, just picked up a free 85 wagon with 5spd and D/R last night.

Now thats rude:grin: