Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I get the paint code for my 97 and 03 Legacy's? Are all the paints the same so I can just ask for silver and green? Is the Walmart/Auto zone etc... stuff ok or should I get OEM from Subaru? I'm just touching up small bumper nicks.

Thanx,

Pete

well, the paint code should be stamped into a metal plate, attached near the drivers side strut tower... it should also be on the little sticker thingy on the drivers side door jam, that tells you the reccomended tire pressures.

I've had good luck going to NAPA, and having them custom make big cans of paint... it's like 10 bucks for 2 cans, but it looks pretty much the same.

Where can I get the paint code for my 97 and 03 Legacy's? Are all the paints the same so I can just ask for silver and green? Is the Walmart/Auto zone etc... stuff ok or should I get OEM from Subaru? I'm just touching up small bumper nicks.

Thanx,

Pete

I think it unlikely to find mattching Subaru paint at a discount store such as Walmart or the Zone.

If you just want a paint dabber, they are probably dealer only, and are gotten per the paint code. On outbacks, the lower grey or gold color has it's own code, and is also available. I have never seen subaru paint dabbers except at the dealer, (or blank keys for that matter)!