Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 87 Hatch

Well most of you have seen this car before. It use to be owned by GoldDiggerRoo.

Here's what it looked like a few months ago.

050101120030.jpg

050101120142.jpg

I've had it for about a month or so, and I haven't really done a whole heck of a lot. But it does look a good bit different now.

What do you think?

2007_0515hatch0002.jpg

2007_0515hatch0001.jpg

And a little bit of new hood...

2007_0515hatch0004.jpg

2007_0515hatch0005.jpg

2007_0515hatch0006.jpg

It still has a good bit to go, some rust repair, new passenger door and fender(Getting them ready for paint this week) And a GL dash and wiring swap to better use the headlights and such.

Technically the hood isn't new, but it was in like new condition off the red hatchback carcass.

I transfered the cut front springs to the front from my brat, and did the "reclocking" to the rear torsion bars.

Trust me it has its rough spots, but nothing really major. Considering I practically stole it for what I paid.

i still have the pics from meeky including the rusty areas if you want some "before" pics lol.

i`m sure kurt gave you a deal on it. i`ve been considering dropping my 85 brat, since i just lifted the 82.

some rally mudflaps would look sick on that.

Well, I don't know if you remember the pictures of the brat lowered. But the stock mudflaps came about two inch away from the ground on the front.

I need to get myself moving though on getting to the junk yard, I need to get the dash wiring from a gl hatchback to put the brat's dash in this thing. I can't take not having a tach...

I'd like to see some pics of his hatch, pm them to me when you have a chance

looks good, just a little more work and it will be damn nice.

if i have the subaru cookout again this summer, you going to bring it up?

Thanks. I've got some plans for this one, just gotta come up with a name for it...

Sounds like a good option, the wife and and I have been talking about getting out of town sometime this summer. Maybe by then it'll have a few more suprises up its slee...under its hood.

way to go shannon you da man! that looks sick...what exactly do you have to do to switch the light set up?

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Well what I have done for now, is made an adapter harness from my old light plugs and the ones that go to the new light setup. The dedicated high beams aren't functional at this point, because I don't completely trust the wiring designed to run only two lights to handle the load of four. I hope to get that rectified soon with a full GL dash and front wiring swap.

I'll give more updates as they come. Some may also be in the retrofiting forum with my engine related plans.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...