Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Babe Rally Photos (56k drop a stub axle in rural Tennessee)

OK, dumb Question... Whats the Babe Rally? Sounds fun, sounds like "just make it there"... Well, where is there? What are the rally car specs?:confused:

Specs? It needs to have a purchase price of $250 or less, be registered and insured, and pass whatever inspections, if any, that are required by your state. Staten island to New orleans. Big rolling party.

http://www.baberally.com

You can do whatever you want to with it, so long as the purchase price is $250 or less. They didn't check that, either.

The spirit of the event is to show up with some piece of junk and try to drive it 1500 miles in four days. If you break down, there are plenty of people there to help, and if you can't get it back together, call a junkyard, grab a rental, or hop in someone else's car.

it was fun times. i went last year in the trashwagon although it broke down before i got there, but i did catch up on day 2 to run 40 miles of the rally on 2 cylinders and no coolant before we had to abandon it in virginia.

tim hansen got TOP GEAR magazine their car and they were with the convoy that joined the trashwagon off the side of the road so since it was the only car that broke down it got a picture in las october's issue of TOP GEAR

there was some sort of press this year by automobile magazine, or the babe will be published in RIDES magazine coming up towards fall

as far as the question of the car being all stock, do rubber ducks come oem on a chrysler van? basically the car has to be for less than 250 bucks and you can do whatever you want with it. most of you can already go in cars you already have.

i went this time in my toyota camper

babe07%20219.jpg

next year i may run the trashwagon replica again and hopefully have the rx put back together, the sedan and the legacy as well, for those who would want to go and dont have a car, just drive all of mine

anyway there were 3 subarus this time so hopefully we can have more next year. you guys dont know what you are missing!!!!

What is the general route? Sounds fun, but NY is kinda a drive to begin with. Maybe I'll catch one mid section some time... What are the dates next year?

The route is something like Staten Island to Harrisonburg VA, to Asheville NC, to Gadsden Al, to New Orleans.

I'm assuming the dates will be the same: May 24-28.

Illinois isn't too far away. heck, all the roads are flat. You don't even need to steer.

Come on Nug, I loved my series III.

She was very nice lookin' in her BRG

Besides....

She had at least 250 USD of primo Lucus bread copper in it's wiring alone!!!

Now about the Audi 5000s I had......

Hey, I loved mine too. But I drove it to MA and back, and she (Julia) drank 12 quarts of 60 weight.

The Lucas alternator died twice. The second time I took out the smog pump and replaced it with a Delco-Remy off of an 80's Chevrolet.

It was cheaper to buy an MSD-6A than it was to replace the stock ignition amplifier.

The rear bearings were shot, and when I took the hubs apart to replace the bearings, I found they were cracked. Hours TIG welding later...

Starter relay did a great impression of an arc welder in a McDonald's drive through.

It died in the middle of a car show in front of a thousand teenagers. I had to push it while my girlfriend tried to be invisible, amist the jeering. I had to hotwire it with speaker wire that time.

Oh, and it was a faded metallic brown. Something something polishing a turd.

I loved it though. Only car I ever named.

Nope, guess I was wrong

"One down nine to go --> Miss Kilgalen"

That's one NO one will unserstand, me bets

Well google helped me figure out the "whats my line" reference, but im still stumped on maya. I could just be brainfarting on it, though.