Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 inch lift for ea71

• 3 weeks later...
I have all the blocks done now I need the strut extension I found a guy who will do it for me Ill let you guys know how it works out

I have a lift on my '78 brat (off the road right now). Someone had welded a new shock mount on the back wheel about an inch higher that stock. Also I think they clocked the torsion bar to get lift on the rear. Alum blocks on the front.

Id love to see pictures of that wow

I am guilty of procratination, and am fairly computer illiterate. I knew when I posted about my '78 I would get some requests. I'll try to get it together to get some pics.

It has the 3" lift, 14" rims (style unknown), weber, kn filter, nice custom push bar on the front, and the low style roll bar. Unrusted Az car. I put a japanese low mile hydro lifter engine in it (1600), and drove the wheels off it for several years. It developed a bind in the steering and was parked. I drive a '87 brat for daily transportation. I have the fat case bell housing and would like to put the dual range tranny in it. Many people think I should up to the 1800, but I like the stock arrangement for now.

IF someone decides to produce a lift kit for the Gen 1s, I'll DEFINITELY purchase one for the 78 Brat and 79 Wagon I have access to. I'd love to have a lifted Gen 1 & 2 Brat and Gens 1, 2, and 3 Wagons. Hopefully someone will make a knarly Gen 1 lift (6 inch plus w/ t-case) because in my opinion it looks better than the Gen 2 jacked up (that and I don't want to redo the 85:) ). That and I dont have access to alot of tools/ space to create my own.

OK. So I e-mailed Scott @ SJRLift.com and asked him about producing a lift for the EA71s. Here is his reply-

I will be doing a EA71 , a EA81 conversion would be a great Idea, a ea82 conversion would be awesome , If I could get 4 buyers I would do it sooner Scott

Unfortunately my funds are tapped out at the moment so I cannot be one of the 4:mad: . I'm hoping if he gets enough interest we'll be seeing a t-case lift for the EA71s in the future (what I REALLY want), either that or a larger (6 inch) instead of just a 4 inch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It is mostly blocks but a little fabrication is involved I have a friend that is a fabricator helping me I got most of the rear lifted in just 6 hours wasnt to hard but the shock placement sucks so that will have to change

On my '78 whoever installed the lift, welded two new stubs for the shocks to the back of the drum, about one inch higher.

• 2 months later...