Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Solid Axle Wagon (56k Not So Much)

MysteriousXTC

oh and I just finished putting together the front axle, full locker and nice 4 pot brakes... it should be under the wagon come the end of next weekend once I have some more time to work on it... I have wagoneer springs and the ranchos ready to go just need to fab up the mounting points, and the front brake lines are there too woot woot...

I think I am going to fab up some system for the rack and pinion just so I can have the beast be mobile until I can get a yota hydro assist gear box, anyone got one ?...

looks very nice, good work! Just one hairbrained thought that i had and just HAD to toss it out there for someone more mechanically minded and better than fabbing than myself, but COULD a person use the existing transmission on a soob, put the rear output shaft to the transfer case and drive 2 more axles off of it, making it a 6x6? Might be a long rig doing it this way, but just wondering...

If you want a 6x6 the best option might be here:

http://www.maxatvs.com/index.php?submenu=Home&src=

If you want a 6x6 the best option might be here:

http://www.maxatvs.com/index.php?submenu=Home&src=

I built one of those (of course not all the bells and whistles) with a drive system out of a zero turn mower someone had rolled (several times). everything else was trashed, but the hydraulics were good.

They are fun, just not fast enough for me, especially with no suspension:eek:

I built one of those (of course not all the bells and whistles) with a drive system out of a zero turn mower someone had rolled (several times). everything else was trashed, but the hydraulics were good.

They are fun, just not fast enough for me, especially with no suspension:eek:

LOL! I thought they might not have any susp except those big tires :rolleyes: the trans sounds interesting tho. Wonder if it is even feasable to make a larger version? I'm guessing not:dead:

• 2 weeks later...

well it seems like this project will come to a stand still and most likely be parted out... I have worked really hard on this but I have come to some realizations in life, as to my priorities... I know if I so desired I could continue on with this project however it would just take far more energy than I really want to despense... Frankly I am tired of being tired:confused:

Hope I am not dissappointing anyone to much, other than myself since I am so close, but I promise I will be back and do another rig far better than the potential this one had... And hopefully in the meantime others will continue to push the bar higher...