Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check out this GL STI i spotted!

A question for the Nay-Sayers....

What would you think if it were a 3-door??? I can't say I am that huge on seeing the sedan like that, but a coupe with the right kind of rear spoiler (NOT an elevated wing, the standard coupe spoiler) would probably look damn good in that paint scheme...

What would you think if it were a 3-door???

I still wouldn't like a 3 door painted like that. EA82s are supposed to look like EA82s. Part of what makes these cars special in my mind is that they are unique, to this day. Making one of these cars look like its one of the modern WRC winning cars is just wrong.

Also, unless he has power and handling to back up those looks, its just plain rice. (Not that its wrong at all)

Its just not what I'd do. I know there's plenty of people who see things differently, and that's cool too.

I still wouldn't like a 3 door painted like that. EA82s are supposed to look like EA82s. Part of what makes these cars special in my mind is that they are unique, to this day. Making one of these cars look like its one of the modern WRC winning cars is just wrong.

Also, unless he has power and handling to back up those looks, its just plain rice. (Not that its wrong at all)

Its just not what I'd do. I know there's plenty of people who see things differently, and that's cool too.

I dont think that a paint job itself "makes the car looks like one of the modern WRC cars." I DEFINITELY agree that to have all that show, and a stockish amount of go, would be SUPER tacky.. but personally, on an EJ-swapped AWD RX, I would find the paint scheme somewhat appropriate. I would NEVER go so far as to have NUMBERS on the car (unless they were for a purpose) but I think that the huge yellow subaru logo looks great.

I am basically imagining *just* a paintjob onto an otherwise stock (appearance) RX Coupe.. Are there other changes that were made to this car that some of you have actually SEEN, that do not show up in the photo?

I am basically imagining *just* a paintjob onto an otherwise stock (appearance) RX Coupe.. Are there other changes that were made to this car that some of you have actually SEEN, that do not show up in the photo?

I'm not even sure if anyone has even seen this at any local Rallys/RallyX's or AutoX's. It could be all show and no go:rolleyes:

that's true....

but I don't understand why you guys are all bent out of shape about the wing. if you're going to do the rally paint job, the STi-style wing is crucial (and so is a hood scoop).

that thing with a built 257, a 6-speed, and some gold BBS's (with the big Brembo's behind them) would be amazing!!!

Looks like he might work at the SuperMall Dave. Next you/me are there at that time of night, we should put a note on his window. What part of the Mall was it in?

when i saw it, it was parked out side Marshells. we parked there and walked over to the movies.

if i see him again i will put a note on his car. and you do the same...

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

I used to drive by his house on occasion when he lived in Bonney Lk. Never did stop and talk to him, I think he's just out of HS.

I was at the SuperMall on Thurs, went to Red Robin for lunch with a freind, didnt even think to look around:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure its a RX.

Wouldn't it have the body kit then? It doesn't have the turbo air deflectors by the rear wheel even.

And check this out

post-21475-136027623203_thumb.jpg

Is that the y-pipe going back.the turbo cross over pipe goes forward. I can't positively say what I'm seeing there though.