Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's gonna be really hard to do this...

if your seriosly interested i probably could. you could save and get a one way flight, then drive a brat back!i am leaving tommorow afternoon for tn tho, but i`ll be back by the 30th.

i`d let go of the lifted blue one. it'd take alot of persuading to make me let go of the brown 85 tho. not because its any better, but it just has sentimental value to me.

Thanks but allready have a round trip ticket and if you had a Gen1 brat:slobber: well than maybe we can get serious about me taking one off your hands.

Hey Subyluvr2212,

Whenever your ready please give me a shout. I would take your 79 wagon off your hands for you and at least it will stay here in FL until your ready to take it back and help me find and or fix a Gen1 Brat. Im not mechanically inclined so I might need your services in helping me bring one back to life if thats the case and most importantly if thats OK with you.

That could work Biff. I'd have to wait until I moved out of my grandparents' duplex and got into a house of my own, which won't be for a while with MY finances :rolleyes:

The interior is blue by the way. The front seats are decently beat up (they have covers on them), and the carpet isn't exactly something I would eat off of. Oh, and the dash is cracked pretty bad. But that's pretty much the extent of it. There are upholstery places all over that can put new carpet in it, reupholster the seats, etc. It won't be original, but it will be nice-looking. The dash can even be fixed, someone else on this board fixed up a Gen1 dash really nice.

I still have the A/C compressor for it, and I have the condenser and drier too, but I was planning on just ditching the whole A/C system anyway, so I cut the hoses :-\ You might be able to have hoses custom-made for it, but if you can't, you'll just have to live without A/C.

Ill see what can be done about the A/C. If nothing than Ill live without it. Let me know when or how soon you think you can get it all up and running. Maybe in another month or so Ill plan a trip to Orlando and check her out. Keep me posted how and when you want to do this. Tommy...

The Forester turbo will be awesome. Hands down reliable, fun, the total package.

Keep the old 79 and sell all the others. Then you have the opposite ends of the spectrum. The legacy will be like wearing the shoes you mow the yard in to work....they are still comfy and functional but compared to the Forester just a little "older" and not really classic or anything neat like that.

Not part of the deal unfortunately. I actually considered that at one point, but they said no. The only current car I get to keep is the Legacy.

And I really don't want to get rid of my Legacy anyway. Not only for the fact that I've spent an unhealthy amount of money on it, but the fact that it's technically my first car and I'm extremely attached to it.

Like I said, the deal's not gonna get any sweeter than this, and I'd be quite foolish not to take advantage of it.

Besides, biffanyus wants my 79 when I get it ready to sell, and I might just buy it back a few years later and put it in storage or something :D

"Are we sending you to college just so you can be a mechanic all your life?"

It gets very irritating, believe me. The last part is what they're really afraid of: me becoming a mechanic for the rest of my life. Obviously I don't want to be a mechanic for the rest of my life... would I be putting myself through a living hell to go to school full-time and work full-time if I did???

As someone who is going through 2 years of college just to be a mechanic, I would tell your grandparents to BLEEP if they told that to me. I'm always of the opinion that I could be much worse of a person, so anyone who has expectations should settle for what they get. Mabe I'm a selfish prick?

The forester x is a sweet deal. I've seen rust free beautiful Gen 1 wagons in junkyards in wyoming. You can find another if it strikes your fancy in a few years. The xt... eh. it's a dressed up EA82. If it's not a 6, I don't really see why you'd want it.

You can always put your wrenching urges under the hood of the forester, it's a tad more expensive, but the psi under there amplifies any work you do to it.

Take the deal and ditch those cars!

So whats up with the wagon? Im keeping an eye out for a brat so is this a deal or not? I found an 84 brat in FL maybe. I still have my heart set on a gen 1 though so I need to know otherwise Im looking to get something soon. Thanks............

Don't get too antsy, because the car's not going to be driving again for AT LEAST a few months, at least fall.

I still have a decently rough schedule with school and work, and there's still things that need to be done that cost money that I don't have right now.

So... if you can't wait that long, I do apologize. But it's not gonna get done anytime soon.

i also know of a gen 2 rust free with topper and jumpseats in florida for $700 obo. it needs a new motor installed but it comes with a 40k mile ea81 for replacement.

Where is this one located? Not that I need another one but even the minute amount of body work mine needs would probably run me more than $700. If this one's rust free I'll sell mine and put my efforts into it.

What shape is the XT in?

Sorry for not replying to you earlier.

XT is in remarkably good shape. 1988, 110k miles, very nice body and paint, BEAUTIFUL interior. There are some issues with it though. Mainly, it needs an alternator and battery. I have some junkyard conventional struts on it in place of the air struts, and they need replacing. It also has an exhaust leak and some oil leaks.

Aside from that, the car's great. If you're interested, PM me. I'm both willing to sell the car as-is, or fix it up and sell it (albeit for a higher price)... although subeman90 has already expressed interest, so he's in line in front of you.

When do you think you will have the 79 up and running?? Ball park it for me when you think it might get done. Ill be waiting patiently. Thanks, Tommy...

At least 4 to 5 months, the beginning of winter time. I'm so buried in schoolwork right now I technically shouldn't be online posting this right now. I do have a short break between semesters in August, and I plan on making a lot of headway on it then, but I probably won't get it finished.

Do not worry, I will definitely let you know when it's ready, and you're the only one seriously expressing interest in it right now, so you're first in line.

Cool, sounds good to me. Cant wait to check her out. I might head out to Orlando here in the next couple of months. Ill let you know when I do and maybe I could meet you and check out the 79. Ill let you know here soon. Take care and do your school work mister!!:lol: Later, Tommy....

• 1 year later...