Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rally New York Rally Cross July 1st Monticello NY

RallyKeith

http://www.hometown.aol.com/rallynewyork2004/RallycrossFlyer7-1-2007.htm

Concord Resort - Monticello, New York

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rally New York, Ltd. announces another event of Rally New York Rallycross Series. We are again returning to our venue at Concord Resort in Monticello, New York. The event will take place on Sunday, July 1, 2007. Monticello, New York is located in spectacular Sullivan County only ninety expressway miles northwest of New York City.

Sanctioned:

By Rally New York, Ltd., with standard $5,000,000 general liability coverage plus personal injury, property damage and accident medical coverage.

Entry Fee:

$85 if paid by Friday, June 22, $105 after June 22.

Format:

Six timed runs over a twisty course marked with red plastic pylons. Cars start at one-minute intervals.

Scoring:

Cumulative time from all runs. Three-second penalty for hitting a pylon.

Course:

Several hundred yards long with gravel and grass surface.

Drivers:

Any driver with a valid drivers license is welcome. All drivers must wear a helmet. Helmets must be Snell 90 “SA” or “M” labeled helmets or newer. Loaner helmets will be available on site.

Passengers:

Passengers are allowed. All passengers must wear a helmet labeled Snell 90 “SA” or “M” or newer and must sign a waiver. Passengers do not pay entry fee.

Cars:

Any roadworthy, registered and insured automobile with a steel roof. Vehicles transported to the site on a trailer do not have to be registered or insured. All cars must pass a technical inspection by a Rally New York scrutineer.

Classes:

- Two-wheel drive road cars

- Four-wheel drive road cars

- Two-wheel drive rally cars

- Four-wheel drive rally cars

Schedule:

Registration and technical inspection 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM

Mandatory drivers briefing 10:15 AM

Competition starts 10:30 AM

Competition ends 4:00 PM

We'll be there running the rally car. Looking forward to some pure fun!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a ton of fun. I was taking my fiance on rides, and we had a little SNAFU where we forgot to change the numbers. In the end, on paper it didn't look like I did that well, but my fiance's arms blocking my view on my first run with her, causing me to wack a cone, and my brother getting the best run time between us when it should have been mine and in turn me getting my last run time duplicated, even though it was horribly slow because I was the last car to run and the corse was severly torn up.... So anyhow, I got hosed on some times and things that it if would have been correct I would have been faster than my brother and had been third overall. OH well, we had fun and that was all that mattered.