Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats the biggest vehical you have towed out with your soob?

Well chalk up another massive tow job with the sooby.

Brings the total to:

1 1998 F350 Quad Cab (drivers side completely burried over the top of the tires and he was runnin 33" tires) 150 ft 1 1/4 inch tow line.. line got tight at 25 mph, came out first pull

1 2004 3500 Dodge Pickup - burried over the axles in snow (easy pull for my soob)

1 1995 2500 Chevy Extended Cab, Passenger side front tire completly burried.... back passenger snow over the castle nut on the rear axle.. (Took 6 jerks in 4 LO but I got it out)

So I want to see a list of the other cars/trucks you guys have pulled out with soob power

a camaro out of foot deep snow down a 50 foot long alley with a bad transmission seal (auto 4x4 turbo)

towed a 2 axle trailer loaded with a dead soob 15 miles witn no braked but the parking...

tied 2 soobs (87rx and 86 sedan) together to pull a legacy out of the mud

I towed a five ton bedford furniture van off a bridge after he cut me off, then promptly ran out of fuel in front of me and stopped in the middle of a two lane bridge, so i used low range in my 1800 dual range 1976 wagon to pull of the road , then i found out it was loaded! i wondered why the rope stretched so far before it started to move!

I've towed a few, funny how they are all chevy's.

A cavalier out of a very small pile of freshly plowed snow on the side of the road.

A blazer out of a large deep median on rt 81 coming back from Tx. People were all stopped, it was a hell of a storm, I saw the guy hit his brakes to stop but apparently he wasn't so he either slid or swerved off the road waaaay down into the "ditch" (It was alot more than a ditch). MAN, did people look at me funny when I took off after him in the ol' BRAT. They must have thought I was crazy. He did! He never thought that I would make it out by myself nonetheless, pulling his POS. No sweat!

A camaro, same storm as above about 10 minutes later, off the shoulder of the road.

These are just a few, (within the last 2-3 yrs) I have pulled many others, as a matter of fact, waay back when I still lived in PA, I have helped the police out when they closed the roads (Blizzard of 93 and 96(?)

Tough to beat a little suby in the weather! Boz