Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Early B-Day arrival **Edit **EEK**

wow, I never knew EA82s were so asymmetrical :-\ nothing seems straight :-p

looks good though, this is a turbo block right? for in the RX? (anxiously waiting next to it ;))

Yup, and yup again.

I think its time to get busy, burning dry weather, lol.

So when are you gonna get me an early B-day present?:-p

See me at the Show, I'll give you a noogie:rolleyes:

I would have got it in today, but I screwed up and forgot to order a throwout bearing. Cant get it till tomorrow at 3pm:mad:

Shipped to my door by CCR.

I think it was around $200, but dont quote me on that.

Shipping is not cheap, due to the increase in fuel prices.

The engine is hanging on the hoist, just waiting to go in.

I'm kicking myself pretty good for not ordering that TO bearing. But when your not driving the car, you tend to forget about some of the little things wrong with it. I could throw it in, but I would have to listen to the bearing and I'm not wanting to pull the engine again anytime soon.

thanks! i think 200 is very affordable for a quality motor being shipped from colorado. i happen to work within a few blocks of several nationwide shipping companie hubs/terminals so i could p/u myself. i think i just may get one for my '84 wagon next summer.......

sorry if I misread it, but you meant 200 for shipping only right? not for shipping + motor?! that would be a steal :slobber:

if you're going to replace the TO bearing, also replace the pilot bearing, if that hasn't been replaced by CCR (guess not because I don't see a flywheel) it's cheap and easy to do and it makes a terrible noise if it fails :lol:

sorry if I misread it, but you meant 200 for shipping only right? not for shipping + motor?! that would be a steal :slobber:

if you're going to replace the TO bearing, also replace the pilot bearing, if that hasn't been replaced by CCR (guess not because I don't see a flywheel) it's cheap and easy to do and it makes a terrible noise if it fails :lol:

Yes, you certainly did misread it:eek:

That was for shipping only. It cost another $1600+ for the engine.

New p-bearing is being installed too.

Rob,

I have a clutch release bearing in my spare XT-6 clutch kit that can be in your hands not much over an hour if it would work for you. I'm not sure it is the one you need but I have another option where we could have one tomorrow morning. If either option could work PM me and we can work out details. I hate to see you that close and hung up. Abe

It appears that the one you need is the BCA / Timkin / whoever 614059.(does that match your information?) The Napa distribution center in Kent shows having two of them available. Their part number is BRG N4059 and the store in the corner of the DC is open from 10 a.m. 'till 6 p.m. today. If that could work to get you one a little sooner their phone # is (425) 656-8980.

I'm going by the OEM part number, its the parts store that does the cross ref. I have 30502 AA001 as a part #.

Theres also 2 different bearings. One is for a 200mm disc and the other is a 250mm disc. I have the 250mm, which of course, is the most expensive.

I'll give that # a call, thanks.