Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Making the run to the Dragon 7-18

I got a wild hair and decided to head out to the annual XT6.net run of the Dragon. Of course I'll be driving the newly aquired 89 XT 4wd I picked up the other week. My route crosses alot of States, so if I'm passing thru I might have a little time to visit before I have to roll again. Google says it will take 39hrs total. So if I leave on the 18th I have 3+days to make it there.

Heres my route, if anyone is interested in a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a cup of joe, let me know.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Fontana+Village,+Uninc+Graham+County,+NC&saddr=Bonney+lk+WA.+98391&f=d&hl=en&sll=35.484156,-83.489227&sspn=0.566942,1.277161&ie=UTF8&ll=39.842286,-92.197266&spn=34.028807,81.738281&z=4&om=1

I got a wild hair and decided to head out to the annual XT6.net run of the Dragon. Of course I'll be driving the newly aquired 89 XT 4wd I picked up the other week. My route crosses alot of States, so if I'm passing thru I might have a little time to visit before I have to roll again. Google says it will take 39hrs total. So if I leave on the 18th I have 3+days to make it there.

Heres my route, if anyone is interested in a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a cup of joe, let me know.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Fontana+Village,+Uninc+Graham+County,+NC&saddr=Bonney+lk+WA.+98391&f=d&hl=en&sll=35.484156,-83.489227&sspn=0.566942,1.277161&ie=UTF8&ll=39.842286,-92.197266&spn=34.028807,81.738281&z=4&om=1

looks like i won't be going....i go back to work on the 23rd......nice job Rob you planned this didn't you..:dead::Flame:

I will do my utmost to make it,but certainly can't promise anything.

Rob,when is Sturgis? Maybe you can hit that on the way back if the timing is right. Any plans on the route back? Going the same in reverse or maybe swing a little northeastward??;)

I will do my utmost to make it,but certainly can't promise anything.

Rob,when is Sturgis? Maybe you can hit that on the way back if the timing is right. Any plans on the route back? Going the same in reverse or maybe swing a little northeastward??;)

Sturgis is Aug 6-12. This was my original thought a month ago.

My boys are going to church camp and it coincides with the Dragon run. I'm just taking advantage of the timing;)

I need to get back home after the Dragon tho, as my oldest is going to be heading to Atlanta for a National Martial Arts Competition.

the babe rally ran through these parts, i have been through the dragon twice. the first time as a passenger with top gear magazaine and last time on my motorcycle in the dark and in the rain.

be sure to check out the blue ridge parkway and gatlinburg, TN