Ultimate Subaru Message Board

[insert dancing smiley here]

:banana: :banana: :banana:

got a BIG box from California today....wish I had taken a pic of the box.....

but, in it, was this:

PICT2893.jpg

a guy on Nasioc was selling it...I can't remember the last time I saw an RX body kit for sale, so I snatched it up.

test fitting:

PICT2896.jpg

wasn't intending on actually installing it until I got the $$ to paint the whole car. but I was in Home Depot, and saw some "Dark Night Metallic" Rust-o-leum that looked like it would match my car very well.....so I bought it. cleaned the air dam, painted it, and:

PICT2899.jpg

maybe in the next couple weeks, I'll paint and install the rest of the kit.

When I got mine from Nug, it came wrapped in paper/plastic IIRC. It cost more to ship it then what I paid for it but it had to go from the east coast to Wyoming. Looks good man! I gotta get mine finished and my body painted before I install mine though.

For installing the rest of the kit, the little 1/4" self tapping sheetmetal screws are the best choice to do it. Also, the factory bodykit had a strip of double sided tape on it (look close, you'll see where it is/was).

When I got mine from Nug, it came wrapped in paper/plastic IIRC. It cost more to ship it then what I paid for it but it had to go from the east coast to Wyoming. Looks good man! I gotta get mine finished and my body painted before I install mine though.

For installing the rest of the kit, the little 1/4" self tapping sheetmetal screws are the best choice to do it. Also, the factory bodykit had a strip of double sided tape on it (look close, you'll see where it is/was).

yep, spent quite a bit more on shipping than I did on the kit itself.....

yea, I can definitely see where the double sided tape was. the rear spats will need some modding in order to get them to sit flush, but it won't be too bad. just a matter of making the time to do it.

I've seen the RX kit on wagons in person and yes, there is a bit of modifying that has to be done to the rear to make it fit. Basically, where the rear spats curve 90 degrees to go under the bumper, have to be cut because they just won't work with the wagon, but sedan or coupe will work fine. Also, you won't need the center rear section either.

I've seen the RX kit on wagons in person and yes, there is a bit of modifying that has to be done to the rear to make it fit. Basically, where the rear spats curve 90 degrees to go under the bumper, have to be cut because they just won't work with the wagon, but sedan or coupe will work fine. Also, you won't need the center rear section either.

yea, looks pretty straightforward.....just have to do it :-\

• 1 month later...
just curious if you lowered this car and what did you do to lower it.

ben

yea, it's dropped a good 3-4". using generic coilover conversion springs for an impreza. they have an adjustable sleeve that allows me to select the exact ride height.