Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1997 outback sport vs impreza L ride height

I need new struts on my 1997 impreza L wagon. I'd like to get a little lift when I do this but don't want to spend the extra cash on springs. Is the extra height in the Outback Sport a function of the strut or the spring? Should I just put Forester struts on with my stock springs?

I'm not looking for a huge lift, just thinking it would be fun to get a little bit more height while I'm doing something I need to do anyway.

I have to replace the struts but don't want to start dealing with the added expense of new springs. If the Outback and L struts are the same length, then I'll stick with my current ride height.

I was under the impression that the Forester struts did not work well with the Impreza springs. Am I misinterpreting what I've read?

Again, I don't want to buy new springs and I HAVE to buy new struts. :(

I have to replace the struts but don't want to start dealing with the added expense of new springs. If the Outback and L struts are the same length, then I'll stick with my current ride height.

I was under the impression that the Forester struts did not work well with the Impreza springs. Am I misinterpreting what I've read?

Again, I don't want to buy new springs and I HAVE to buy new struts. :(

The OBS life comes from the springs and the tire sidewall. I suggest some GR2's.