Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fitting webber carb to ea71 motor question?

Yes I think you would have to get it re-jetted since it came off of a different car. What size engine was in the car you pulled it from? Just thought if you got it from something with similar displacement you may have a good starting point.

As far as the adapter goes, alot of people order from redline. I have seen several adapters in Australia for sale on ebay. There is a good weber thread on here,should answer any other questions you might come across. Good luck.

were bouts do ya get an adapter from? will i have to rejet it? coz its of an 2L cortina engine

thanxs :burnout:

if it's still in decent shape, I'd try it with the jets already in it. I have a weber that came off a 1.9L Opel, and it ran awesome... I've even upped the jets on it since then...

pressure for weber no greater than 3.5 psi I think

2.o litre cortinas often had the double pump webers, they have some hidouesly wierd jetting I think 165 165 mains from mem. GD has written out many times the basic jet set to start with for a soob.

Guy on Ebay aus has store called Gem Parts Australia sells many webers and has the adaptor plates as well as much more