Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 98 OB has one of those defrosters at the base of the windsheild which melts the ice around the wipers,(I imagine all 98b OBs have it ??).

Anyway, it stopped working. The light on the switch doesn't go on and the defroster doesn't work. The owner's manual makes no mention of a fuse or relay for the Damn thing...neither does the Haynes manual. I've looked under the dash in the fusebox there and also under the hood.

Any idea ?????

I would suspect this would be tied to a breaker Chip instead of a fuse. Not sure if this circuit would use a relay to supply power to the heater or not but suspect it is just the switch. I would check the switch connections to see if they are ok as a first step. If the wire to the switch is fairly heavy then you most likely only have the switch in the circuit.

Originally posted by Cougar

I would suspect this would be tied to a breaker Chip instead of a fuse. Not sure if this circuit would use a relay to supply power to the heater or not but suspect it is just the switch. I would check the switch connections to see if they are ok as a first step. If the wire to the switch is fairly heavy then you most likely only have the switch in the circuit.

The relay/timer mechanism for my 2001 OBW is behind the radio. The 98 would probably be in the same location.