Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Super Rare Rims!

Just got ahold of these rims. I have never seen any like them ever? These must be rare!

The lug pattern is 4X140 and the style is similar to a Hummer?:cornfuzz:

They are about 9 inches wide:eek:

The offset seems to be correct for a Subaru. I put one on and it fit fine........didn't hit or come close to anything.

They are aparently 12" rims with the DOT safety bead hump so they are street legal...........

Ok, I had them made! click here

Glenn,

82 Summer:temper:

01 Forester, Jealous:madder:

I had them made at TRUDESIGN Inc. in Colorado. Of all the folks I talked with they seemed to know the most about manufacturing a custom rim. They were $80/.

As for tire choices, I am able to run any larger ATV tire. I'm thinking on a 26X12X12 as that would be the closest to my current gearing. However they make anything from a 25X12X12 to a 28X12X12, so anything is possible?.........I may go 28's? I'm planning on purchasing tires this weekend. I'll know more Monday!

I don't think the weight will be a factor as long as I run something better than a 2ply tire. I'm only considering a 6ply. The Auzzies have been doing this with 4plys for some time now with much success so I figure it should all work. The "SUMMER" should weigh in at around #1300 to #1500 pounds.

Glenn,

82 Summer, nearly complete

01 Forester, done!

Didn't supply anything they manufactured them from scratch!

They are a little tight up front. I think I told them to make the pilot whole 90mm. Maybe I should have had it made 91mm to account for the thickness of the paint. They are tight on the pilot hole not on the lug holes. Not a major problem.

The metal is thick on the back plate, I'm not sure I can get the Subaru Hub cap to stay in:mad:

Man they are wide!

Glenn,

82 Summer, wants tires now:temper:

01 Forester, even more jealous now :slobber: