Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another tire Q? I just want to know about SS's

Phizinza

I don't care about gas milage.. :eek::rolleyes:

I just don't want a $250 odd dollor tyre wearing out in only half of any other tyre. (I've heard they were soft, so I thought I'd ask how they go on Subies.)

I was looking at the SSR 27x9.5R15's, they are like, THE PERFECT TYRE for me. Apart from the fact I am not sure if I will be offroading the Brat anymore or just rally crossing it. I really just want that tyre size in a nice looking A/T with maybe some side biters.

Oh, and yes, Interco cost through the roof here..... :mad:

I'm gonna keep an eye out for rally tires.. Might be worth while and might be what I want.

it all is based on how you drive, like if you 4x4 hard and drive aggressive they will wear out faster. I sell car and see alot of trucks out here with super swampers and id say about 15-25,000 mile is about the life of the super swampers..

Tony~

by the way if you are in the market for a set of super swampers, then this is the site for you http://www.4wheelparts.com. just keep your eyes open because they run specials all the time like buy three get one free, free shipping, or just money off any tire. Its were I bought my tires they are 29x8.50x15 TSL, they are the tire that Allied armament told me to get. They are great and look great!!!!!lift_2.jpg

Tony~:headbang: :headbang:

You can also asked the tire company or tire shop guy you are working with, the tire should come with a factory life expectancy especially if they come with a factory warranty of any kind.

Still Super Swampers no matter what series you buy seem to have a shorter life span then most because of there softer rubber for better 4x4ing. But the subie's we all drive and love are about half the weight of the normal big 4x4's that are usually sitting on them. So you could argue if they weight less then they might last longer?? But its all personal preference, thats what it comes down to, if you like them and you can afford them, Buy THEM!!

Tony~

Yes, see that's why I want personal experienced people to say how long there set lasted (or is going to last looking at wear already.)

Does that site ship to Australia?

Because it's hard to find them here, for a decent price that is.

I dont know if they would ship there, but they do have a 800 number toll free thats open 24hours a day. I'd try calling and asking, if you can't call the number because you live way down south let me know and I will call for you. http://www.4wheelparts.com (4wheelparts) is a hugh company in America and when they list shipping on the website, its a flat rate everywhere in America.:)

Tony~

Yes, see that's why I want personal experienced people to say how long there set lasted (or is going to last looking at wear already.)

Does that site ship to Australia?

Because it's hard to find them here, for a decent price that is.

That would be awesome if you could find out for me... I don't have a good overseas phone rate as I don't use the phone much..

$386US for 4!!?!?!??! and they do a $50 rebate???!?!?!! Man, even with the exchange rate you could charge $200US postage and that's still a great price!.

That would be awesome if you could find out for me... I don't have a good overseas phone rate as I don't use the phone much..

$386US for 4!!?!?!??! and they do a $50 rebate???!?!?!! Man, even with the exchange rate you could charge $200US postage and that's still a great price!.

do it tom do it!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Still thinking weather to go A/T's on the Brumby or M/T's and steer tyres. I really like the handling I get with the street tyres, but it takes about 40mins to swap them over. And M/T's plus street tyres cost lots

:(

Still, I've always wanted 27x9.5 tyres for the little brumby..

• 2 weeks later...

Oh... I don't need new tyres now.. I still have pretty good 215/60R15 directional street tyres and Kumho M/T's on my steel rims.. I still can't make up my mind what I'll do when the Kumho's run out... Which looks like it wil take a bit longer then I expected as I have no money for petrol.. :eek::rolleyes::(