Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-official Alcyone Dragon Meet Alternate Thread.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Huck & I are the only ones still at home. Today will be quiet for us XT6'ers.

I'll be leaving tomorrow around 1pm-ish. That'll put me at the crossroads of time around 3pm-ish. I already packed my bags & found a room in Robbinsville. I can't afford Fontana Village. Besides, staying in Robbinsville is appropriate, being as my last name is Robbins.:headbang:

I can't wait to meet all the cool people.

Seems Huck & I are the only ones still at home. Today will be quiet for us XT6'ers.

I'll be leaving tomorrow around 1pm-ish. That'll put me at the crossroads of time around 3pm-ish. I already packed my bags & found a room in Robbinsville. I can't afford Fontana Village. Besides, staying in Robbinsville is appropriate, being as my last name is Robbins.:headbang:

Yep...I'm still home...

Jim called earlier, and is on his way down...plans to stop in KY for th enight, then meet up with our caravan in the morning to head on down...

So Mr. Robbins, maybe you should drive in through Fontana before you go to the Crossroads of time, as that's probably where the people that have arrived will be...

Huck

Princess will be fine Dave, I have faith in her;)

I know you already know, but make sure the TC is fully seated, before you drop it back in:eek:

See you tomorrow afternoon!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

i cant help but feel that was slightly aimed at me,

i can't wait for evrey one to get here.

the dragon is so much more fun in the svx vrs the volvo

also they hve teh intranets in room now, thus far i'm not impressedfor $10...

any way really late and really bored, gethere...

jeff bored.......

any way see you guys tmmorow

also i don't know $75 a night if your with the alycone group, a little rich for my blood but i can afford one night

and oh yeah i'm still unable to sleep...

still bored,

still cant believehow annoying this cheap tv net thingy is...

shoulda rented a movie.........

ok i think i'm done whoreing out this thread for a bit

I had a great time meeting everyone. A great bunch of guys & gals.

Here's a few pics of Alcyones at Fontana Dam.

PHOT0018.jpg

Group shot

PHOT0016.jpg

SVX en masse

PHOT0014.jpg

XT's

PHOT0019.jpg

The Tree of Shame....Dead bike parts from "Dragon Bites"

All my Pics are here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v205/crazyhorse001/

I hate I missed out on driving the loop with everyone, but the kids were getting REALLY restless. Maybe next year. I unfotunately watched a DuoSport rider go down as I went back up The Dragon on my way out. He was hurt, but still moving. I hope he's OK.

Again it was a pleasure meeting everyone, and I had fun watching Huck & Austin do some impromptu bodywork.

damn that's reflective! Well.. looks like you all had fun... I wish I would have gone.... but I'm still here and still poor.:dead: Looks like a great meet... too many SVXes though:grin: and not enough yellow cars fo sho! although you really cannot tell Rocky is yellow from those pics

I got home about an hour ago, Melis just called safely from home.

The Newly-weds should be home in an hour or two....

Had a great time as always. My "Princess" with 2 hours and about 30 miles on a newly removed/replaced HG/returned engine did GREAT. A couple small issues with leaking gas and a bad coil on the way down.......

It was great seeing old friends, and meeting a few new faces.

Now to get the quotes started before they get forgotten...

There's an O-Ring there???

No wonder mine leaks?!?!?!

Thanks to all that helped make the meet possibal.

Glad everyone is getting home safe...and thanks Paul for posting some pics up...hopefully will get mine up today sometime....wish you could have made the loop with us too.

This was the fist time we had more SVX's than XT's there...but had (I think) 10 states represented.

Huck

Good to hear you guys made it home safe and sound. Sorry about making your trip an hour or so longer, lol. It was definately good meeting you four.

Good to meet you to. Don't worry about adding an hour to the trip, we got to check out your Hatch :)

We did have an incident for the first hour or so after we left there, with the windows open it would suck the fumes up from the trunk and turning the SVX into a "huffing bag" :eek:. I was able to seal all of the openings with some duct-tape and we were able to make it the rest of the way without dieing :banana:

See you at one of the next meets....

This was the fist time we had more SVX's than XT's there...but had (I think) 10 states represented.

Huck

KY - Huck, Carol, Alex, Hucklekids - XT6, SVX, SVX

TN - Paul - Legacy

PA - Dave, Melis - SVX

CT - Connie, Tommy - XT6

WA - Rob - XT

CO - Jeff - SVX

MS - Ken "TrueBlue" - SVX

MA - Rob "SickSubie" - SVX

TX - Steve, Becky - RS

FL - Austin, Manny, Christian, Nick, Erin (plus 6? more Floridians)- XT6, SVX

IL - Jim - XT6

I think I got everybody....

KY - Huck, Carol, Alex, Hucklekids - XT6, SVX, SVX

TN - Paul - Legacy

PA - Dave, Melis - SVX

CT - Connie, Tommy - XT6

WA - Rob - XT

CO - Jeff - SVX

MS - Ken "TrueBlue" - SVX

MA - Rob "SickSubie" - SVX

TX - Steve, Becky - RS

FL - Austin, Manny, Christian, Nick, Erin (plus 6? more Floridians)- XT6, SVX

IL - Jim - XT6

I think I got everybody....

Looks right....I started a list...

Attendees to the 2007 Alcyone Meet:

(best I can remember by forum names)

SickSubie SVX MA

Moodybluesr XT6 IL

Bucky92 XT6 CN

Red96SVX SVX KY

Huckette SVX KY

Hocrest SVX PA

Subbyru89 Pass PA

X35 RSvx TX

Nick_C SVX FL

AustinXT6 XT6 FL

ForumFairy Pass FL

TruBlue SVX MS

Jeffast SVX CO

Turone XT WA

Crazyhorse Legacy TN

Huck369 XT6 KY

Good to meet you to. Don't worry about adding an hour to the trip, we got to check out your Hatch :)

We did have an incident for the first hour or so after we left there, with the windows open it would suck the fumes up from the trunk and turning the SVX into a "huffing bag" :eek:. I was able to seal all of the openings with some duct-tape and we were able to make it the rest of the way without dieing :banana:

See you at one of the next meets....

I guess we didn't smell the fumes because of the side glasses being open. Sorry about that I thought I'd left it opened up longer enough to air out.

I really didn't expect the entuthiasm over my car that you guys had. I've been smiling all day about it:) Even if one of my patch jobs wasn't up to Connie's standards:-\

I guess we didn't smell the fumes because of the side glasses being open. Sorry about that I thought I'd left it opened up longer enough to air out.

I really didn't expect the entuthiasm over my car that you guys had. I've been smiling all day about it:) Even if one of my patch jobs wasn't up to Connie's standards:-\

Don't worry about the fumes... usually you would have to pay a lot more for that kind of "high" :lol: Plus, it kept Melis from smoking for about an hour....

Come on man... It's a Hatch... and we're Soob nuts>

I may have a few suggestions for next year. When Austin gets XT6.net back up I'll post them up. Much of what I'll suggest will make the meet more "family friendly". It may also broaden it's appeal to more members.

I organized the 1st annual Pinto Car Club of America meet, and it was a smash hit among members. Being a "local" I can scout locations. I'd also be willing to make any/all reservations neccessary.

Don't worry about the fumes...

No fear...it only killed a few brain cells, but wow was I wacked:lol:

Got it buttoned up and no problems after that (I felt like I was driving a yacht for that first hour after that I think I slept)

Love the hatch!

I may have a few suggestions for next year. When Austin gets XT6.net back up I'll post them up. Much of what I'll suggest will make the meet more "family friendly". It may also broaden it's appeal to more members.

I organized the 1st annual Pinto Car Club of America meet, and it was a smash hit among members. Being a "local" I can scout locations. I'd also be willing to make any/all reservations neccessary.

We'd be happy to have any help in the planning stages Paul....and maybe you'll have an Alcyone of your own by then:)