Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Noobie Legacy owner wants to go offroading

WolfsLegacy

I recently purchased a 93' Legacy L non 4wheeler. just 2 wheelin, for the amazing price of $100. The previous owner had no tag on it and the city threatened to tow it. So, for a crisp $100 bill I am now the proud owner of my first Subaru. My question is, can I make this car into something Rally worthy. I have always loved offroading. What kind of suspension mods , engine mods are available. I beleive the engine type is an EJ22, all I know is that it is a bone stock,93' Legacy L 4 banger, 2200cc?

Too bad you're not in my part of town. 95 Legacy LS. Arkansas, however. It's an EJ22 in your Legacy, no doubt. 140hp. You picked it up for a sweet deal! I bought my Legacy for $2k, but it's AWD.

Suspension, you can buy struts for the 96-2000 Outback and put them on your car, which will give you additional lift without too much additional stress on the drivetrain. Tis what I did for mine, got an extra 2" groundclearance. You'll definately want it.