Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy 777's site shows the ecu. It looks the same in the pic i posted, the same cadmium plating and all. But the number of plugs is wrong. The one I'm showing has three plugs, the one i'm looking for has four. Also, the ecu I'm looking to replace is grey in color, not the cadmium color.

It's showing three of the four. The block #'s at the bottom, there is another one, look at another page in the FSM and you'll see it.

I have the car completely wired up. With a four block ECU. And 90-94 are supposed to be real close. I think there is a general misconception that the pictures I put up are of an ECU. I believe it's a pic of a TCU.

Where is the ECU located on the 1990 Legacy automatic wagon.

Haynes states it's under the passengers side footwell.

This new info is bad and good. Good that I have another attempt at replacing the ECU in the wagon in hopes of it not being a yard ornament anymore. (I'm this close [] to hanging Christmas lights on it!)

Bad in that I inadvertently send someone the wrong part in the mail. Guess who?

How much did you pay me for it? I forget. I'll bump you for shipping it back too, just throw the receipt in the box.

Hey! I want my corndog box back!

Jay

This is the thread that explains my problem : http://usmb.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1046&highlight=unusual

I didn't have a FSM when I started with this problem but I have replaced enough parts to rule out almost everything BUT the ECU.

Got the ignition relay replaced under the dash.

Cam sensor, crank sensor, igniter, no trouble code.

This has been an ongoing problem but was the reason to buy a 2002 Legacy so this car has become yard art and fixing it has been low on the list.

My apologies to snotrocket for the wrong part. Thanks for the pic Josh.

We'll see.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Jay,

I'll send your corndog box back. No hard feelings, ever. I'm just glad this is straightened out.

On a side note, I'm having a major vw jones right now, and I need a fix. And this poor car has been clogging my dad's shop since ummm, September.